Search the forum,

Discuss Renewed my gas tickets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Renewed my domestic gas tickets this week

I learnt the reason why nobody does a tightness test on a service.

And apparently gas safe are clamping down on condensate pipes not being trapped, if the boiler MI dont state the siphon inside is a 75mm trap we should be putting them on the condensate pipe.
Air breaks, condensate pumps etc are being classsed as AR

Renewed my domestic gas tickets this week

I learnt the reason why nobody does a tightness test on a service.

And apparently gas safe are clamping down on condensate pipes not being trapped, if the boiler MI dont state the siphon inside is a 75mm trap we should be putting them on the condensate pipe.

Go on then why dont we do a TT on a service lol

Removing the meter test nipple to TT you are breaking the gas supply.
Then you should purge the gas (at a cooker) and re light all appliances to check flame picture/***bustion.

So If I fit a hob I should be FGAing the boiler

Lol , so if you are servicing a boiler and remove the burner you are breaking into the gas line anyway , I didnt used to TT when on a sevice ( just used the sniffer or LDF ) but always TT now .

But see your point

As you would isolate the boiler its downstream of the other appliance so in theory not needed

Just leave the gas valve open till you have your testing equipment on :D

And surely that's down to the boiler manufacturers

Some state they have a trap, some just say siphon.

More Bollox from training colleges!!

The point behind tightness testing before and after working on any Gas appliance is so:-

a/ You 'Know' if the installation is sound before you touch anything and if there is an issue you can address it before you start.

b/ You 'know' the installation is sound when you leave it or at least the same!

c/ If you only test at the end of your work and there is a drop, you cannot tell whether that was there at the start so you cannot say whether it is within tolerance.

Every man and his wife will point the finger at the last man who was 'responsible' !
I have always tested before and after and will carry on doing it.
It takes minutes, you are charging them for the time and I can sleep at night !

Removing the meter test nipple to TT you are breaking the gas supply.
Then you should purge the gas (at a cooker) and re light all appliances to check flame picture/***bustion.

So If I fit a hob I should be FGAing the boiler

Lol , so if you are servicing a boiler and remove the burner you are breaking into the gas line anyway

AFAIAA,it is not "breaking into the gas line" that is the trigger,but turning off the meter or AECV..

I don't see how not having a trap is AR. The only danger it presents is of death due to freezing if the boiler floods and ceases to function.

What about condensate pumps?

We're finding this with most of the regs , it's hard enough keeping up to speed with it all then all the amendments and reviews , I should've applied for shelf stacking at asdas

If the siphon dries out or the contents are pulled out by a flush then POC could enter a room.
Unlikely but worth considering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Renewed my gas tickets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock