Search the forum,

Discuss Removing upvc soil pipe fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a situation where my bathroom WC discharges into a 90 degree bend and a pipe then runs along the wall before discharging into a soil stack. The fall in the pipe from the bend to the stack is not ideal and although (at the moment fortunately) I do not have a blockage, I think that there is "sediment" laying in the pipe. Although the "horizontal" pipe is cased in, I can get to the bend ok. What I would like to do is remove the WC and replace the bend with an access bend - I could then rod through the horizontal pipe from time to time to clear it. The bend is fitted to the "horizontal pipe" with a straight connector (all fittings push-fit) and my main concern is being able to remove a bend which has been in place about 22 years. (Although I can reach the bend easily, the straight connector is tucked just inside the casing and may be a problem to get to) Before I attempt it, does anyone have any tricks/suggestions for removing a bend that sods law says will be well stuck after all this time.?

I have a situation where my bathroom WC discharges into a 90 degree bend and a pipe then runs along the wall before discharging into a soil stack. The fall in the pipe from the bend to the stack is not ideal and although (at the moment fortunately) I do not have a blockage, I think that there is "sediment" laying in the pipe. Although the "horizontal" pipe is cased in, I can get to the bend ok. What I would like to do is remove the WC and replace the bend with an access bend - I could then rod through the horizontal pipe from time to time to clear it. The bend is fitted to the "horizontal pipe" with a straight connector (all fittings push-fit) and my main concern is being able to remove a bend which has been in place about 22 years. (Although I can reach the bend easily, the straight connector is tucked just inside the casing and may be a problem to get to) Before I attempt it, does anyone have any tricks/suggestions for removing a bend that sods law says will be well stuck after all this time.?
You can try pouring boiling water over the female bits ..he he after smacking it around with a blunt instrument gently
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Thanks to both for replying. Good thought, CW, but the pipe is in a casing which is tiled. So to get to the pipe to cut it I would have to strip the tiles which I don't really want to do as they haven't been up too long !! Rather than hot water which might be messy, I have a hot air gun which I could use to warm up the female bits !!;)

Am I understanding you correctly - you're suggesting a couple of cuts along the socket down to the pipe( but not cutting the pipe), peeling off the socket and then fitting a new bend to the exposed pipe? There is actually a straight connector between the pipe and the spigot of the bend but I guess the same applies - I cut through the socket of the straight connector and peel it off, leaving the pipe intact, ready for a new connector and access bend. If I have understood you correctly, that sounds a good idea.

Am I understanding you correctly - you're suggesting a couple of cuts along the socket down to the pipe( but not cutting the pipe), peeling off the socket and then fitting a new bend to the exposed pipe? There is actually a straight connector between the pipe and the spigot of the bend but I guess the same applies - I cut through the socket of the straight connector and peel it off, leaving the pipe intact, ready for a new connector and access bend. If I have understood you correctly, that sounds a good idea.
yes, good luck

Reply to Removing upvc soil pipe fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way. With the toilet removed and exposing the soil pipe I was thinking of making a reducer to fit over the 4 inch pipe down to a garden hose pipe size and then turn the...
Replies
Views
D
Had a collapsed/cracked collar on the 90deg angled piece that my soil pipe sits in which is leaking water so has needed replacing. Access has been through the outside wall to inside as the soil pipe is internal and boxed in. Now I was expecting the plumber to fit a ‘rest bend’ but a 90 degree...
Replies
Views
It's not every day I deal with 110mm soil pipes, therefore I do not have a selection of different fittings at hand to try what combination fits my needs. I have therefore been trying to locate on- line the actual sizes eg length of push-fit tee, spread of branch, before I can purchase the best...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock