Search the forum,

Discuss Removing olives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
I have a puller, use a hacksaw if I can't be ****. Saw this thing and thought it might be worth ago to save a few seconds or is it worth the investment in a olive cutter (monument) for each size.

https://www.jtatkinson.co.uk/olive-cutter-15-54mm.html

I have one of those you linked to O.P.
Works very well and costs pennies.

:oops: that might of been me :D

Im guilty aswell, prefer the security of the olive slightly crushing the tube so it cant pop off if it gets knocked about a bit...not exactly hard to do now with the wall thickness of tube being so thin.

Got some of these ! work well, except for brass olives, more often than not its back to the tried & tested junior hacksaw.

I'm a bit old fashioned. Junior hacksaw a screwdriver head slot in the olive, get a suitably sized screwdriver in there and twist. Off they pop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing olives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock