Search the forum,

Discuss Removal of an old Boss Therm BUT2 Timeswitch?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A relative has had a new boiler fitted which works on a new wireless thermostat. This has made the previous BOSS Therm BUT2 Timeswitch redundant and she would like it removed from the wall.

Is there a set procedure for doing this simply and quickly?

I am assuming that the mains power supply wiring that is connected into the backplate on the BUT2 is no longer 'live' because when I remove the battery from the BUT2 Timeswitch there is no reading from the front display (although it has yet to be tested with an appropriate tester).

If the wiring is no longer 'live', is it ok to bury the wiring in the wall and plaster over it or does it need to go into a 'box' regardless of whether it is live or not.

If it is live, is it possible to have a mains power socket put on the wall in place of the BUT2?

Thanks.

TBH, based on the questions you are asking, you need to get a 'competent' person in to do this for you.

There are simply too many potentially dangerous variables in this situation to allow anyone to give you 100% safe advice.

Pardon me!

May I suggest you remove your contemptuous derriere from this forum forthwith.

Frankly, you deserve all you get, and with your attitude that's nothing squared.

Reply to Removal of an old Boss Therm BUT2 Timeswitch?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Hello Our SVP had a Boss connector fitted to it Similar to this: MCALPINE MECHANICAL PIPE BOSS CONNECTOR BLACK 40MM SF #55722 It was removed and 'taped' with gaffer tape The tape has failed and is leaking Q: Is there such a thing as a "40mm blanking plate" or similar for the remaining hole...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock