Search the forum,

Discuss Remeha Avanta E4 fault. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bright spark

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have called to this customers boiler that occasionally locks out displaying a E4 fault. I have changed the electrode and ionisation readings are good, 8 to 9. Have also checked the o2/co2 ratio as the manufacturer specifies and have set this u as stated in their catalogue. boiler is still not starting on 1st attempt an odd time. was wondering if anyone has had this problem and could shed any light?

had quite a few problems with the e4 fault on these.
Usually:
electrode
ignition transformer
burner gasket. How old is the boiler? The earlier rope seals can fail causing fluctuating co2 readings. New seals are graphite.
burner insulation ring breaking down.
If under 5 years old, still under warranty for parts

Graham

Unless it is a eco and then only two years given,seem to be replacing a lot of burner gaskets,not a big job but annoying ,they also promised parts prices would come down as originally priced as commercial put parts are still very expensive

Fitted loads of these come across E4 a few times , unless somebody partially pulled the flue apart then the rope burner gasket is most likeley.

There is a small rope seal between the actual burner and burner door, which causes gas to ignite their, thus not lighting over the ionisation probes. if you ring remaha their is actually a kit you can get with, probes and all the seals required.

Fitted loads of these come across E4 a few times , unless somebody partially pulled the flue apart then the rope burner gasket is most likeley.

Hello lads, just a quick note to say that it seemed to be the rope gasket that was the problem. No complaints since it was fitted. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remeha Avanta E4 fault. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock