Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Rehau underfloor heating: help? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Matt V

Matt V New Member

Hi,

Just moved into a new flat. Half of the house has radiators, but the new extension has a Rehau underfloor heating system.

The boiler is brand new (Vaillant ecotec), and the radiators are working fine, but no heat coming from the underfloor. The pipes at the manifold are hot, but the flow meter is showing a steady zero.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Much appreciated. IMG_1696.JPG IMG_1695.JPG

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Have you turned the stat up for the underfloor heating ?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Matt V

Matt V New Member

Thanks for the reply. Yep, Rehau stat is turned up. IMG_1697.JPG

4. ShaunCorbs

is the pump on / running?

also there a selector switch on the side have you tried moving that?

5. Matt V

Matt V New Member

I have tried - the selector switch is on the "O" which should be the on mode. How can I tell if the pump is running?

6. ShaunCorbs

you should feel it vibrate

7. Matt V

Matt V New Member

The pump would be this black/red thing right? No I don't think it's vibrating. IMG_1700.JPG IMG_1701.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG IMG_1699.JPG

8. Matt V

Matt V New Member

Tried turning the heating on again today. Intermittently the flow meters are showing flow, and the pump vibrates a bit. However doesn't feel like much heating is coming from the floors. The temp gauge is only reading low 30s... is this too low?

9. ShaunCorbs

best to get a heating engy that knows about underfloor heating out as your unsure