Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Refitting Aqualisa Aquarian shower valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. MickB1

MickB1 New Member

Hi I am pretty new to the forum, I would appreciate some Aqualisa advice please.

I had to retile a shower enclosure and took off the Aqualisa Aquarian shower valve. I have refitted it but it's now letting quite a bit of water out. I think the water is getting in around where the short copper pipes come into the valve, I didn't silicone grease around the pipes.

I have renewed all the valves rubber seals and put plenty of silicone grease around these.
    I also put a new pipe gripper back plate behind the valve but I wasn't sure where to apply the silicone? Aqualisa instructions say, "Run a bead of silicone sealant in the mastic groove at the back plate" but it wasn't clear where the silicone groove was, I put some Plumbers Gold round the outside of the back plate, is this right?

Besides silicone greasing the pipes can anyone please advise the best way to seal the valve to stop the leaking, where should the silicone be applied to the back plate?
    Many Thanks for any help!

2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Pics please

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MickB1

MickB1 New Member

Hi
    Thanks for responding I have uploaded some images, first 2 of the old installation and last 2 of existing new retiled valve. The strips of black DPC are to direct the dripping into the shower tray. I would appreciate any help.
    Cheers

ValveRemoval.png

GripperbackPlate.png

ExistingTopView.jpg

DripsFromBtm.jpg

4. MickB1

MickB1 New Member

I am still working on this, it's still leaking but not as bad. Although Plumbers Gold is suitable for sealing at low pressure, I don't think it's suitable for sealing at higher water pressures inside the shower valve?

It might be I am expecting Plumbers Gold to cure quicker than conventional sealant. Maybe given adequate time it might do the job? but I am going to try sealing with a conventional silicone sealant as recommended by the original Aqualisa installation instructions. Fingers crossed.