Search the forum,

Discuss recommendations on macerators? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
Hi all I've been talked with installing a waste pump into a basement flat for a landlord. Not my usual forte but I get tons of work of them so difficult to say no

Can anyone reccomend a decent pump to fit, somewhere around mid range I don't want to be getting called back to it every 3 months

It's to pump Kitchen sink and washing machine and I suspect but not confirmed boiler condense.

Thanks in advance

Whether you are called back will depend about 20% on original item quality, 30% on fitting properly, not just according to MI's but better if poss, and then 50% on the end user. (with maybe 5% luck thrown in !! ;))

I don't think it matters what brand you use. If it's in a rental you have a very good chance the tenant will just flush anything down the toilet then you'll be getting the call to come unblock it ;)

Completely agree that @rpm is an absolute expert on these matters and I didn’t say Saniflo because I knew it would amuse him

Hi all I've been talked with installing a waste pump into a basement flat for a landlord. Not my usual forte but I get tons of work of them so difficult to say no
It's to pump Kitchen sink and washing machine and I suspect but not confirmed boiler condense.

Thanks in advance

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Maybe everybody who made comments would like to go back and read post #1 again.

Completely agree that @rpm is an absolute expert on these matters and I didn’t say Saniflo because I knew it would amuse him

The reason I gave your post a :) was because I fitted one of your recommended brand for my landladys friend Saturday morning.
(See my other post).

A simple one out, one in with a few tweaks of pipework took 3hrs because once installed the new one was found to have suffered "Transit damage" being so flimsy.
PS
No warranty card enclosed either. :mad:

The reason I gave your post a :) was because I fitted one of your recommended brand for my landladys friend Saturday morning.
(See my other post).

A simple one out, one in with a few tweaks of pipework took 3hrs because once installed the new one was found to have suffered "Transit damage" being so flimsy.
PS
No warranty card enclosed either. :mad:
You see my experience was totally different fitted one because builder supplied it. I did all the plumbing and left it to the electrician for a final wiring. He wired it backwards so the motor burned out in record time. They replaced no questions asked.

You see my experience was totally different fitted one because builder supplied it. I did all the plumbing and left it to the electrician for a final wiring. He wired it backwards so the motor burned out in record time. They replaced no questions asked.
Wired in backwards, burnt out motor ;)
Replaced foc, find that difficult to believe, but if that is what they told you then .........

Wired in backwards, burnt out motor ;)
Replaced foc, find that difficult to believe, but if that is what they told you then ...
No they did. Scouts honour. They apparently only had one engineer at the time. Might be different now but he just asked for a merchants details to send it to and it was with my merchant the following day. Didn’t want the old one back either. Was as surprised as you

I did one for a lovely lady in a private home. She embroidered a nice little notice ..a sort of limerick really which ended 'only poo and paper down my loo' never a peep from her
Rob Foster centralheatking

Reply to recommendations on macerators? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Can a kitchen sink discharge pipe starting at 60 cm height run for 4.5m, then join another sink discharge pipe at 51cm height, then continue for 11m discharging at 35cm height? I have kitchen-to-be 4m x 3m. doorway at 7 o’clock. Mini-sink at 5 o’clock. Main sink at 1 o’clock. Pipes run goes...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
J
I own a top floor flat in a 4 storey block, i bought it 3 months ago (meaning that this is an issue i will have to personally deal with, no landlord). at first i had no issues, but recently, we have no warm/hot water in our kitchen or bath taps. the bathroom sink hot tap gets warm, and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi guys question about saniflos 💩 I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely and they've urgently had to get me to replace and make some changes, initially I was going to install a sanivite for the kitchen sink separately...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock