Search the forum,

Discuss Recommend me a boiler insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering can I survive on this forum asking such a tragic question :)

In an ideal world I would like to get the plumber or boiler guy out to repair my goods but @ £75-100 per hour its not something I can afford really especially having had several problems in the last year alone with boiler break downs and central heating in general, maybe in my own case its better to get insurance.

I have crossed off the big brands ie Corgi, British Gas or anyone with excess charges am left with:

Help-Link (£17.99 no excess, all parts+labour, claim not to bump up price following year)
Swale heating (£15.50 no excess all parts+labour and same claim as above)
Homeserve (£25 no excess, all parts+labour but they do bump up price each year)

Anyone had any experience with staff or engineers with the above 3 on my short list ?

Read the terms and conditions of each one. Any kind of insurance you take out, always look to avoid paying out and try and get out of it.

Go to a comparison website and search for Home Emergency Cover, you should be able to find something more than suitable for less than a tenner a month.

Without looking too hard...

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 16.34.47.jpg

Last edited:
The ones I've heard people complaining about are best off with a brand new system then they are starting at an even starting point and it gives the insurance company less wriggle room to get out of stuff

get insurance if you feel the need but i advise people to save what they would spend on insurance then if you have a problem you have the money either to pay in full foir repairs or if you have no break downs after you have monbey towards the cost of replacing your boiler. insurance if you never claim is dead money.

Put what your going to spend in a separate bank account every month and there's your insurance / new system fund

Sound advice so far from all thanks

Have used comparison sites before and yeah have recently learned the hard way many of these insurance companies with boiler or emergency protection do there absolute best to claw or get out of doing the job, have to read tncs or play a chess game with them.

I would in an ideal world prefer to save the £££ towards a boiler emergency pot but when guys charge £100 per hour its tricky around here.

Try manufacturer of your boiler for a quote, the will have parts for your boiler on the van and will quickly diagnose and fix boiler through experience. If boiler should fail after repair they will return to put it right without hassle.

What boiler have you got?

99% of time I would say don't bother with cover the get out clauses they basically don't want to fix your boiler. But with certain boilers I recommend them.

No experience of others but, I started doing a bit for Corgi Homeplan in Jan and haven't been to a boiler that they refused to work on, the opposite in fact, had a couple of leaking rad tails/air vent plugs and they recommended replacing with new rads
Don't know their charges mind

With Shaun on this one, jar or account, put your money in and spend it when needed with a good local engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommend me a boiler insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
I am in need of a spark generator 60080/002 part number 003939 for a very old Ideal Mexico Super RS40/60 boiler. All of the online retailers indicate obsolete not in stock. Can anyone recommend where I could purchase new or refurbished?
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock