Search the forum,

Discuss Recommend an external oil boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fishingscotland

We are installing central heating and will need an external oil boiler in the 20-28kw range. Can anyone recommend a make? We are tempted by the Grant Vortex: does anyone have a view on them? Thanks for your help

As an alternative have you looked at an air source heat pump?
If you have to buy a tank and boiler it is a good alternative.
If its designed and installed correctly.

Worcester 25/32 External are good boilers. Fitted loads and never had problems

Thanks all...thought about an air source heat pump, but it's by the sea, and even the stainless steel rots there.

Worcester sounds good, but I'm sure our pumber would appreciate an easier fit with the Grant.

How does the Grant measure up, in terms of reliability? Any thoughts, anyone? Thanks.

Hi All

I do know grant boilers are stainless especially around condense area, were some other boilers use plated steel, if these take a knock during servicing, corrosion will start.:eek:

Hi motsky,

Welcome to the forum, lets start as we mean to go on, do you seriously expect us to believe you're from West Cork when you didn't mention Firebird??????????

Sorry O.P. a joke among the Irish probably only motsky will get it.

Grant Vortex seven days a week twice on Sunday for me, while you don't hear about it now you will later, the Grant Vortex is one of the easiest condensing oil boilers to service, that as well as one of the highest SEDBUK ratings saves you money in the future.

Another alternative you might consider if you have the room is the Grant Spira wood pellet boiler.

Grant every time for me also.

-edit to add though i gues the OP has already completed the work judging by the date

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommend an external oil boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock