Search the forum,

Discuss Reassessment CCN1 + 4 Appliances, special offer £599 + VAT to forum members in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

New sponsor here - please check out this thread for a better explanation

In addition to the plumbers merchant business, we own a 50% share in a training business called Certifi Training Ltd. Their banner should be on the right of your screen. Certifi is based in our Portsmouth branch, and does mostly CCN re-assessments, Water regs, unvented tickets, Part P etc.

Please note that these courses are for tradesmen looking to update their tickets or add an extra qualification. They are NOT suitable for new entrants to the industry, and we don't offer any course that will turn you into a plumber in 6 weeks.

Certifi's normal price for CCN1 + 4 re-assessment is £700 + VAT, and that is what you will pay if you book online.

However, if you phone 0800 088 7445 and leave your number with the call handling service, a human being will call you back. When you speak to them, explain that you saw this on UKPlumbersForum and you will only pay £599 + VAT. We reckon that is pretty good value. You get all the coffee you can drink as well, as the machine is on free vend. :)

Thanks for reading

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll have to have that offer on in Feb, then all regulars will be down at once.

You'll have to have that offer on in Feb, then all regulars will be down at once.

If you can get a few together and block book, I can organise that, and hold that price.

A question I have wondered about - would there be a demand for a 2 x weekend re-assessment CCN1+ appliances? I know it would be a bit intense, but the cost for you guys isn't just the course, it must be the lost working time as well.

Just thinking aloud really - don't know if it would work, but the centre and all the kit is sat there doing nothing on the weekend. Seems a bit of a waste.

Hi Ray

That sounds like a good plan. I need to re qualify early in the new year and a weak without earning is a pain in the bank balance.

Hi Ray

That sounds like a good plan. I need to re qualify early in the new year and a weak without earning is a pain in the bank balance.

If there are a few more positive responses, I will ask the guys who run the centre to talk to the assessors and see who fancies a bit of overtime. Hopefully we should be able to keep the price the same, because although I expect we will have to pay a bit more in wages, the fixed overhead is covered by the Mon-Fri stuff. The critical thing is to see if enough people are interested to make it worth running. I might see if we can get a cheap deal at a local hotel for the Sat night.

Looks terrific value and it's great that you've given such a good discount to the forum members. Other sponsors take note!!!

Pity you are not up this side of the border though.

Sorry - I should have added - the £599 + VAT is good till Xmas 2012.

A question I have wondered about - would there be a demand for a 2 x weekend re-assessment CCN1+ appliances? I know it would be a bit intense, but the cost for you guys isn't just the course, it must be the lost working time as well.

Just thinking aloud really - don't know if it would work, but the centre and all the kit is sat there doing nothing on the weekend. Seems a bit of a waste.

Hi Ray

If there are a few more positive responses, I will ask the guys who run the centre to talk to the assessors and see who fancies a bit of overtime.

I checked with our partner who runs the training business, and he tells me that it would need a minimum of 6 people to run a CCN1+appliances re-assessment over two weekends.

So if you are interested, and live near enough to Portsmouth for it to be practical, PM me with your ideal date (can't promise we can meet it!) and contact details. If we get enough, we can trial it.

In addition to the plumbers merchant business, we own a 50% share in a training business called Certifi Training Ltd. Their banner should be on the right of your screen. Certifi is based in our Portsmouth branch, and does mostly CCN re-assessments, Water regs, unvented tickets, Part P etc.

Just a quick update on this.

We have now sold our 50% share in Certifi Training Ltd to our partners, and it will no longer be based on our premises at Portsmouth.

Its all very amicable, and we will continue to re-sell Certifi training courses, but to be honest, neither the premises nor particularly the parking was sufficient at Pompey, and we want to concentrate on building the merchant business, and let Sean and Karen concentrate on building the training business - in which we wish them good luck.

The Certifi sponsorship logos will disappear from this site as soon as Dan gets round to it, to be replaced with our tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk logos.

Thanks to all who used Certifi Training, and hopefully will continue to do so into the future.

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the update Ray.

I did my acs last week at their new place, I was their guinea pig for their logic assessment.

For all others reading, definitely give them a go, relaxed atmosphere and very friendly guys/gals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reassessment CCN1 + 4 Appliances, special offer £599 + VAT to forum members in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock