Search the forum,

Discuss Really high gas meter reading in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

novicegas

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

visited a customer this morning who has had a bill 7 times there normal usage! Leak test fine, standing pressure, gas rate of boiler and cooker absolutely fine. Meter looked fine too. I'm a bit stunned, any ideas?

Is the normal usage your customer is compairing their bill to an estimate or actual usage?

Hi all,

visited a customer this morning who has had a bill 7 times there normal usage! Leak test fine, standing pressure, gas rate of boiler and cooker absolutely fine. Meter looked fine too. I'm a bit stunned, any ideas?

Why did you visit?

I visited because he got the invoice from the power company who hit m=him with the high reading

How much is he payong for yur advice /tests?As above, what is he comparing it with?

If a pubter ph9ned me with that, i would point out that my commets are going to be pretty expensive, and if he is convinced he is right, he can pay a deposit and have his meter tested.

If nothing has changed with your customers system, no new boiler, replaced an electric cooker/hob for a gas one, hes got no leaks, his boiler is burning correctly, all thermostats are working correctly etc, then it can only be that he has just generally used more gas, his tariff has changed, his last year's bill was an estimated usage and this year's bill is an actual usage or a faulty meter.

How much is he paying for your advice /tests?
As above, what is he comparing it with?

If a punter phoned me with that, I would point out that my comments are going to be pretty expensive, and if he is convinced he is right, he can pay a deposit and have his meter tested.

I admit I wrote the original of the above.
I should never use a phone for this stuff.
I have edited it here, as this pathetic forum does not allow later editing.

Reply to Really high gas meter reading in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock