Search the forum,

Discuss Re-Using Flue Liners for other appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ckyens

Can anyone confirm if chimney flexi flue liners can be used on different gas appliances?

i.e remove the flue pipe from an open flued gas boiler and fit gas fire in its place, utilising the existing flexi flue liner and chimney pot?

I know you cant use a gas flue liner for a solid wood stove.

Cheers

A flue liner can not be re used unless it has a life expectancy of at least 15 years ,if you are asking,which i suspect,can my old bbu liner be used for my fire then the answer is no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re-Using Flue Liners for other appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
The rusty bit with a hole at the top looks quite old, feels flimsy, and is a single skin 100mm x 400mm. The boiler has a 600mm new pipe rising vertically, then a new 135 degree bend (although the paint has come off as you can see), then the rusty pipe, another 135 degree bend which looks very...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone Recently bereaved friend of mine is wanting to replace his 15 year old Combi. It is in the loft on the party wall of a semi ( pitched roof has three sloping sides). He asked his Gas Safe Service Engineer for a price to replace. Engineer said that existing vertical flue is too...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance engineer, (fwiw can answer questions on popular smart home thermostat systems), but I've installed many solid fuel boilers in the last 40 years for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock