Search the forum,

Discuss Re-Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grob103

Hi, I am an old plumber from some 20 years ago and looking for the best way back into the trade. I have a City&Guilds licentiate certificate from the 1980's.
I have been toying with the idea of doing a 8 week block course to get some of the skills back again.

Any thoughts?

If it is site work you are after, then this would be the way to go. Have you thought about going to college of an evening whilst still working?

Thanks for the comments

I have thought about college unfortunately they all run part time course during the day not evening, I have also made enquirers as to whether the qualification gives me some sort of fast track through NVQ. My main concern is brushing up on the old skills I once had. Having worked in many different I gained skills not only domestic water systems but also industrial so have used many different types of material from lead to galvanized steel and CNI alloys.
It surprising the things you forget like doing simple rolled offsets on copper pipe. Its these skills I want to enhance and also gain some form of up to date academic recognition. Do you think it would be better to do a long 10 week course or one of the shorter?

Maybe do a shorter course then, if its brushing up you need. I teach pipe bending as part of my course to the millimetre, without having to use a million fittings to get the job done.

Or, why don't you invest in a good pipe bender, some copper pipe and practice yourself? :)

Plumbing Courses from Chase Plumbing Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re-Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock