Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn programmer or wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fisky

bit of ahead scratcher with a Rayburn 480K, recently installed appeared to function correctly for Ch and HW although when programmer is off the Ch still runs if the room stat calls for heat. An integral single channel programmer is fitted as well as a separate toggle switch giving the option of CH&HW or just HW. The cylinder stat is honeywell L641A room stat T6360. Could it be the programmer has been bypassed via incorrect wiring in the wiring centre or faulty programmer.
Any thoughts/ suggestion appreciated before we tackle the wiring.

cheers:thinking:

Could be faulty programmer with a sticky relay

Or most probably a faulty wiring job. Remove programmer from back plate. And see if room stat still controls the heating. Btw. The back plate will be live so be very careful

looking at how it is wired on site and not sure if it would impact in this situation but the room stat has no neutral connection made up, although it does switch when required the spec for the stat requires the neutral to be connected if heating load below 6A? Have added your suggestion to list on fault finding, cheers

looking at how it is wired on site and not sure if it would impact in this situation but the room stat has no neutral connection made up, although it does switch when required the spec for the stat requires the neutral to be connected if heating load below 6A? Have added your suggestion to list on fault finding, cheers

It doesn't need a neutral. You just new to establish if it's getting a live from the programmer or another source. If it is getting it from somewhere else the heating will only be controlled by the stat and not the controller

live is comming from somewhere. Pondering the wiring diagrams looking for other sources of a live not originating from the rayburn maybe the 3 port valve?

Just re-read your post. I don't think they're designed to work with older room stats. I was told it was against building regs. Couldn't be bothered to look this up or argue and I just bought a new programmer instead.

If it's a new model that thread should have all the details you require.

the Rayburn is a 1997 model, yeah did take a look at the wiring diagram inadvertently for the newer model in the Rayburn library which shows a programmable room stat and the removal of the HTG ON wire to the stat so the Rayburns under control from the external programmer. It could be a fix as the HW operates as it should. Got a feeling theres only a T&E between wiring centre and room stat.

cheers

1997 Rayburn:

Mains
E
L
N

Circ Pump
L1
N1

M/V
L2
N2

M/V Aux
L3
L4

L2 to No3 - Connected to No4 to Room Stat
N2 to No2 to Blue on m/v

Room Stat
No4
No5

No3 connected to No4
No5 (common I think) to White on m/v

If this makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn programmer or wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock