Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn installation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neil jolly

Hi i have just purchased a wood burner for use in my own house and all the tech i read says it can't be installed with a sealed hot water system, i understand a wood burner is an uncontrolled heat source, but i live in Spain & can't even buy an open vented cylinder! surely if i install a pipe thermostat to bring on heating pump at a given temperature + the normal pressure vessel, safety valve and heat leak radiator this would be safe? any advice appreciated, also the soon to be back up boiler is 20 meters away, i will install 28mm primary flow & return to the h/w tank creating a 60m loop, should this be adequate?
regards Neil.

Welcome to the forum Neil, I'm not sure of the regs in Spain you may be best to call a local installer for help. Just be aware an unvented cylinder is a bomb if istalled incorrectly. It may be be possble with the correct safety equipement installed.

Welcome to the forums, Neil Jolly.

I'd say the idea is fine - BUT - what if there's a power cut or what happens if a rodent eats through the wire? It HAS to be open vented for safety reasons.

I'd second Ecowarm's thought and ask Jose in to have a look.

I guess same as previous replies. It is just as dangerous in Spain as it is in UK. The Rayburn itself, will need its own open vented circuit, fed with a feed & expansion tank, unless you install a thermal store instead of unvented unit. If unvented unit explodes, then could be " noche , noche! " :dead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn installation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock