Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 480k cooker problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rebecca Hammond

My Rayburn 480k keeps sending out strong fumes in to the kitchen and then soon after locks out. The boiler side is fine, it has just been serviced, had a new thermostat, new motor, new flexible tube to the cooker side as it had a big hole in it. The photo cell keeps getting melted, the engineer replaced it just after christmas and it only lasted 9 days. I replaced it two days ago but it is already going wrong again, fumes and cutting off. It has a balanced flue terminal and the engineer says there is a hole in the flue extension. Could this be the problem? Also he says that some of the ceramics had flaked off inside, he doesn't know why. Also the cooker seems to like working when the boiler is on. Any ideas as he seems a bit stumped and it is beginning to cost a lot and the Rayburn is still not fixed!

As Simon said turn off ASAP and get someone else to look at it. Something clearly isn't right.

Have a customer with one of these. I installed it 6 years ago and it's been fine up until last year when he had similar issues! Rayburn have basically stripped it down replaced all the ceramics burners you name it and it's still smelling and not working correctly.
There is a history of this sorry to say!
Your best bet is a reputable local company. Down here we have spillers who are pretty switched on but apart from that nobody is interested!

put back together and seals havent been placed correctly. re pcells melting, some new rayburns need extra bit on oven side to keep them clear of the heat or they melt, very hard to find, aga dont stock the part, had to order off abco and get ecoflam to provide me with a part no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn 480k cooker problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock