Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 460K mk 3 nuway burners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

c'mon you lot, never had to do one yet in 8 years of avoiding them. How easy is it to replace the oven protector plate on these, old lass called me saying her engineer of 12 years just advised her to call in an expert as he has no idea. So I suspect it is badly warped and he has flown the coop. From memory the plate has 8 or nine fasteners rayburn tech said posidrive screws, I thought they were bolts but hey ho. Also said you can do it with out whipping off the top plate.

Anyone done one recently, how long did it take you, my old lass is bleedin miles outside my area but begging for help

cheers for any help

luv Lame

Not done one for a while ether. But as i remember it was top plate off, remove bolts from oven holding plate in, wrestle twisted lump of plate out, new one was fiberboard type. All straight forward but does depend how bad plate is and getting bolts out. And double check nothing dropped onto blast tube!

rayburn do say you can get away with leaving top plate on , knowing my luck not a chance

Are we talking MX? not done one for a couple of years, but iirc the method to do without removing the top plate involves cutting and rejoining one of (the rear maybe?) combustion chamber liners. Normally just over half a day IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn 460K mk 3 nuway burners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock