Search the forum,

Discuss RatedCustomer.co - anyone else get an email about this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Wondering if anyone else has come across this site? Looks like it's the customer version of MyBuilder as got an email about it launching today? Love the idea of telling other trades about how bad/good someone was to work with and the map function seems like a great way to locate customers to avoid! The link they sent me was: ratedcustomer.co

Wondering if anyone else has come across this site? Looks like it's the customer version of MyBuilder as got an email about it launching today? Love the idea of telling other trades about how bad/good someone was to work with and the map function seems like a great way to locate customers to avoid! The link they sent me was: ratedcustomer.co
I would think posting people's names and addresses on an online forum would go against GDPR

I would think posting people's names and addresses on an online forum would go against GDPR

Yep sounds sketchy as hell, just had a quick look at the website and I really don't think any of my customers would be happy if they stumbled across their address online with details of what work they've had done and what they were like as customers! Amazed that they've got that number of tradesman with all of their livery/contact details posting on it!

So long as no personal information is posted unavailable elsewhere then it cannot contravene GDPR.

What is wrong with an hnest/objective review of customers? Too many deserve 'outing' imho.

So long as no personal information is posted unavailable elsewhere then it cannot contravene GDPR.

What is wrong with an hnest/objective review of customers? Too many deserve 'outing' imho.

They're posting the customer's house address, wouldn't that fall under personal information?

(don't really know very much about GDPR)

It’s about use of data for what it’s intended for. If it’s not used in this manner it’s a breach.

They're posting the customer's house address, wouldn't that fall under personal information?

(don't really know very much about GDPR)

As basic info like this is avail to anyone willing to seek it out, it cannot fall under GDPR.

In my opinion this is long overdue. Why should the honest live in fear of moronic, dishonest customers? This site is the quid pro quo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes. Because the address is a proxy indentifier for its owner/occupier.

The website itself is American and does not conform to even the basic requirements of GDPR so a UK company would be most unwise to upload any customer data to it.

As basic info like this is avail to anyone willing to seek it out, it cannot fall under GDPR.

In my opinion this is long overdue. Why should the honest live in fear of moronic, dishonest customers? This site is the quid pro quo.

In some ways I agree with you, the technological 'advancements' have definitely stacked the cards against us with the sites like mybuilder having driving down prices and giving too much power to customers. There's a small minority that know they can ruin you with bad feedback and use that power unfairly. This does go a way to redress the balance. But I still feel uncomfortable with this, I know many people would feel like their privacy was violated if you hadn't cleared it in advance. I suppose if you just use it for those bad clients that don't pay/mess you around it might be fair game, but I would still be concerned with how this stacks up legally if you don't have consent

Last edited:

Reply to RatedCustomer.co - anyone else get an email about this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock