Search the forum,

Discuss Rate my injury please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Sue66

Gas Engineer
Show me your injuries. Hammered finger doing pipe clips it hurts

IMG-20190416-WA0001.jpg

You should have been around when we chalked the leaded joints in cast iron drainage !! Now there was an opportunity to really smack for hands, & the hammers where larger & no gloves, men were men (or lumberjacks, as we are doing the M.P references)
I had to have an old brick next to me so I could smack it to bits when I hit me pinky, that was the only pain relief we had.
Oh happy days.

I'm working in one of those tiny Redrow ensuite's and yesterday I had some of the flooring up and from my kneeling position I flung my head down to look between joists and it bounced off the capless lockshield and dug into my skull, blood was trickling down my head. I didn't scream I professionally suffered in silence and washed my head and after an hour or so it had stopped bleeding, later on I dropped my pencil and thrust myself down for it and cracked my head back open on the door architrave right in the same place this time i screamed f.......!! :mad:

I've been cursing Redrow all week, they are like give us that 1/3 of a million and here's the keys to a Tic Tac box now F off and live in it.

I'm working in one of those tiny Redrow ensuite's and yesterday I had some of the flooring up and from my kneeling position I flung my head down to look between joists and it bounced off the capless lockshield and dug into my skull, blood was trickling down my head. I didn't scream I professionally suffered in silence and washed my head and after an hour or so it had stopped bleeding, later on I dropped my pencil and thrust myself down for it and cracked my head back open on the door architrave right in the same place this time i screamed f...!! :mad:

I've been cursing Redrow all week, they are like give us that 1/3 of a million and here's the keys to a Tic Tac box now F off and live in it.

Reminds me of installing this

Look how high up the cold inlet is feel sorry for the person who has to remove this later on

And if you care it was 5 times clacked my head on the drain off / pipe

5093A6DF-107D-44FA-B157-42A463E53AA9.jpeg

This is not mine, but was attached to my colleague - until a few hours earlier. Sadly, the finger and hand did not enjoy a succesful reunion

upload_2019-4-18_20-12-7.png

How did that happen .. shocking to see god bless him

He was locked out of the yard, with his van and gate remote key inside. Rather than phoning into the building to ask for the gate to be opened, he decided it would be easier to climb the security fence........................

I'm working in one of those tiny Redrow ensuite's and yesterday I had some of the flooring up and from my kneeling position I flung my head down to look between joists and it bounced off the capless lockshield and dug into my skull, blood was trickling down my head. I didn't scream I professionally suffered in silence and washed my head and after an hour or so it had stopped bleeding, later on I dropped my pencil and thrust myself down for it and cracked my head back open on the door architrave right in the same place this time i screamed f...!! :mad:

Haven't been on this forum for a while, but this made I chuckle 😅
Sorry Phil

Here is my ouchy from 4 weeks ago come Monday, cutting window boards with a sliding mitre saw, my M.E. Got the better of me and lost my concentration between lining up the saw and holding the window board in place, obviously this saw won.

i’m not too sure but I think I’m now retired from plumbing!

yes it stung, no my eyes didn’t water but I did let out a few expletive.

they tried for seven hours to put the two main fingers on, one died straightaway and was removed two days later the other one lasted two weeks with leeches continuously being put on to drain the blood but unfortunately that didn’t take either and was removed two weeks ago, I was home the same day when after that was done.

Does that with me the prize, something other than chief ********.

Here is my ouchy from 4 weeks ago come Monday, cutting window boards with a sliding mitre saw, my M.E. Got the better of me and lost my concentration between lining up the saw and holding the window board in place, obviously this saw won.

they tried for seven hours to put the two main fingers on, one died straightaway and was removed two days later the other one lasted two weeks with leeches continuously being put on to drain the blood but unfortunately that didn’t take either and was removed two weeks ago, I was home the same day when after that was done.

You have won. This thread can be closed now :D

Is that real @HoodedClaw ?

Reply to Rate my injury please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock