Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Random radiators stopped working after cold weather in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Richard Waterman

Richard Waterman New Member

I have a Worcestor Danesmoor boiler that lives in a stone outhouse and heats the water and radiators in my house.

The heating is set to come on at certain times of day, but during the recent cold weather it stopped coming on. I tried pressing the manual reset button a few times, but assume there was something frozen in the system somewhere as it would just turn off again. Once the weather warmed up slightly, the boiler started coming on again as usual.

However, since this happened, three radiators in different parts of my house have stopped heating up at all. The rest of the radiators in the house are working fine. I know the radiators were all working properly before the cold weather as I had recently bled them all and checked. All of the radiators have thermostat valves.

I can't find a plumber to come out for at least a week, and was wondering if there was some quick solution I could try to get the radiators working again?

Any advice much appreciated.

2. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

check your pump

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR

Perhaps remove trv heads?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mdljk

Mdljk New Member

Are the unheated rads all downstairs?

5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Check the pins under the TRV heads are moving freely.