Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators cold when heating is on - Offsite Heating, Pressure seems fine. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I tried to turn my heating on but my radiators are staying cold, I added more water to the system which raised the pressure but there was no change, i've made sure the radiators are bled and nothing has changed since last year when all of this was working.

I've attached some pictures of my setup I think all of the heating is done offsite and hot water is then pumped through this unit to be metered.

Does anyone know what the big red lever in the last picture does? when i turn it it sounds like water either starts or stops flowing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Callum

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_5817.JPG

Pressures too high bleed a rad into a tub until it's back down to 1.25 cold or 2.5 hot

Do you have hot water ?

Reply to Radiators cold when heating is on - Offsite Heating, Pressure seems fine. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator with a more mundane type 22 panel radiator. The problem is that the new radiator sort of worked in the beginning, but it does not emit any heat now...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock