Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators boiling but no hot water from taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 108976

We have a coal fired Parkray room heater, running 6 radiators. They are all red hot but there's no hot water from the tap. What should I do? I'm quite nervous about the back boiler blowing up.

Well we are, but it's on 24/7 all the year so it takes about 24 hours to cool down. No drama overnight thank god and might get a plumber to come out today.

If the water from the hot taps is cold then there is a problem with the gravity circulation side around the indirect cylinder (I am assuming this is your set up). It could be as simple as lack of water in the system or an air lock but it could also be a blockage so best to call a heating engineer to confirm the route is clear.

Have phoned housing people and they will send a plumber - thank you. Fire is out now so I'm not so worried as I was :)

Has the hot water cylinder got a back electric immersion if so you could turn it on for some hot water until it is fixed.

Get an immersion put in it will save you loads in the summer
you will get the instal cost back really fast...I would not ask your landlord just get it done.
centralheatking

Housing bum is great Rob, I will ask them. We had a new kitchen put in the immersion switch was taken off for the new splashbacks, I'll moan at them to gimme a new one.
TY all for your help, the plumber has been now. When I asked him what had gone wrong, he said he wasn't really sure but it was sorted now :D

Reply to Radiators boiling but no hot water from taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock