1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Radiator valve tool - better options please in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Jerry

Jerry GSR

Anyone got a better tool/plan/idea that using a small spanner when opening and closing multiple rad valves?

PS on a powerflush...

Cheers,

J

2019-06-26 14.00.29.jpg

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

3. Jerry

Jerry GSR

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Only an idea. I used to keep a few old rad valve heads on the van but now I use an adjustable.

5. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Its a pain in the bum, a rechargeable screw driver with a suitable socket on the end might do the trick, I just suffer and swear saying things like
    'oh dear this is so silly' centralheatking

6. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Plumber

I can feel an invention coming on, be better than a fluxinator anyway..

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rob Foster

you know what ben gee, it crossed my mind ...but we are full up until this time next year
    it costs up to £50,000 per project before any return and we have three at present. Tum is ok now paying for itself but Tum 2 is lurking around its scary but I like it.
    nice idea ben gee you do it I will help you no problem foc as well
    Rob Foster aka centralheatking

8. gmartine

gmartine GSR

I've been told the fluxinator is a favorite of STD clinics where it's been "reassigned" to clean the heads of dirty skanks...the 28mm version obviously.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rob Foster

That was what I was talking about above I suppose, and it is ideal. but its not the 8 secs is it, there can be damage to the wheel head and also to the wall
    and to do a proper drain down and flush etc with 12 rads say a number of times off and on it gets very wearing. esp if you have arthritic hands as I do after 40 years ...I dont fit anymore I design but just done a 9 rad system in my new gaff myself over the weekend and yes my hands are suffering
    Rob Foster aka centralheatking
    and yes...one naughty joint my fault not a Flowfex fitting

11. Rob Foster

really that flux thing at the top of the page, saw that this morning laco comes with a brush, then was wrong with a finger huh. mind you got some everflux or bakers blue in my eye on the M5 years ago uck, pulled the Transit over ripped out the screen wash bottle instant relief Rob Foster aka centralheatking

12. gmartine

gmartine GSR

This ones for free Jerry...patent pending.

Cut the head off that or a cheap 1/4" valve key making sure the square hole runs all the way through and use it as a socket with a 1/4" socket drive.

• Like Like x 2
  13. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

God you talk some dribble rob.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rob Foster

drivel sometimes magic other times I know regards Rob Foster

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Liam Mallabar

Liam Mallabar New Member

Monument do a grip + range that fits in the end of their tap spanner, well worth a look as they do some really useful attachments

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1