Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Radiator TRV 15mm but radiators 22mm?? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. bob norfolk

bob norfolk New Member

hello, not a problem I’ve thought about before, but having an achp fitted so I need the maximum flow and return volume. However I find I can’t get 22mm TRV/ emitter valves only the standard 15mm. This seems bizarre due to the standard emitter Inlet/ outlet bore size. Will this cause much of a restriction to the low temp system?

Thanks

2. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

you can get full bore trvs that are used on single pipe systems if thats what you need

3. bob norfolk

bob norfolk New Member

Thanks. It’s mainly for the increase in pipe sizing due to the air source heat pumps lower temperatures. I’d be interested to know where you can get them as google doesn’t want to know? Cheers

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What flow rate are the rads you will be less than 15mm I think so the issue will be the rads not the trv

5. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

Danfoss RA-G15 angled valve 1/2" not cheap and you have to buy the heads as well they dont come complete