Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator top gril and side plates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray1000

Does anyone know who, besides Wickes, supply grills and side plates for exsisting radiators.

Thank you

Ray

It depends on the make of radiator. Some makes will mix 'n' match, but normally its better to get the grilles and panels that are designed for your rads, as they have a variety of fixing methods, and the depths can vary by a few mill.

If you know (or can find out) what rads you have, then google search for stockists of that manufacturer.

as ray said but also personally unless the radiators are specifically supplied with them I find they don't always sit 100% right and a slight knock and they are off

Thank you for the replies,

The ones we have without grills are Stelrad Elite

When I inquired at the local stockist which just happens to be next door to Stelrad HQ it would have been cheaper to buy a new radiator than a grill kit :confused5:

Then I stumbled on the ones at Wickes and bought one to try it.

As Ray says "they can vary by a few mill" Their Type 22 (Double Panel Double fin) is about 100mm wide where the Elite K2 is about 90mm although I might be able to get it to fit.

The trouble with Wickes is they only keep a certain amount in the store and our 1400 x 600 P+ kitchen rad isn't one of them. Sending for it online would double the price.

I was hoping to find them on the shelf somewhere but don't know who is likely to have them.

I'll check with Plumb Centre and Screwfix and any where else you can suggest.

Ray

Write a very nice email to stelrad praising their product and see what you might get

If you don't get sorted, I could give Henrad a whirl for you they love to replace damaged units foc!

You can get panels for elites from any merchants. They will usually have to order them in.
Elites are the same rads as Compacts without the panels.
btw softline panels will fit too and are imo a nicer look.

If you don't get sorted, I could give Henrad a whirl for you they love to replace damaged units foc!

Thank you for that,

From Google I can see Henrad are stocked locally at Plumco so I can give them a try if I fail at Stelrad. Do you know if they are the same physical size as the Elite?

You can get panels for elites from any merchants. They will usually have to order them in.

When I tried at Jackson’s they quoted ... Elite 1400 x 600 Side panels 8890 £27 + vat ... Top 8923 £27 + vat = £68.40 compared to £6.74 at Wickes for something that looks exactly the same, albeit slightly wider.

Elites are the same rads as Compacts without the panels.

Thanks for confirming that, we strangely had that conversation this morning while taking my next door neighbour to the airport ... he’s a plumber but wasn’t sure if they were the same.

btw softline panels will fit too and are imo a nicer look.

Having now looked at them on the Internet I can what you mean ... I’ll incorporate that in with my email to Stelrad and let you know how I go on.

Thanks again for your interest.

Ray

Don’t get me confused with anyone who knows anything about central heating, I’m just a DIY person.

Edit ... Rang Plumbco ... the 1400 x 600 kit is ÂŁ10 ... don't yet know how it compares for size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Write a very nice email to stelrad praising their product and see what you might get

[FONT=&amp]As I've mentioned privately to Gasman ... this idea worked a treat I only live 5 minutes away from Stelrad, they asked me to go down and supplied me with a grill set for the kitchen radiator putting it down as a replacement part.

I understand from Stelrad the Henrad grills will fit the Elite rads so the next job is to get one to try it on one of the other radiators. At least they are available at less than ÂŁ10 while the Stelrad ones are still ÂŁ60 something.

Thank you again for you help.

Ray[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Having just had a reminder via email that I've not been on here for a while I thought I would log in to "keep my membership up" and to thank you again for your help in the past.

Ray

Hey

How can you tell what type/brand of radiator you have? I'm looking to buy a side panel and top grill for one in my house.

Thanks

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator top gril and side plates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock