1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Radiator Single Entry Point in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. jimmycooker

jimmycooker New Member

Hi, can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if i would need to fit the internal 'lance' to a some sort of valve? Or do radiators come with the lance already installed?

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-29 at 14.24.44.jpeg

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Twin pipe valve

Not very efficient and tbh why ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Trusted Plumber GSR

Yes it is possible. There were plenty around a few decades ago but I don't know if anyone still makes them.

4. Brian Ashwood

Brian Ashwood New Member

Caleffi 450140

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sparkgap

Sparkgap Active Member

Have a couple of single entry valves on my home system, been in for years. Work okay except one stopped for some reason, took valve out and found the 'lance' (injector pipe) had dropped off. Screwed back in and all okay again. Will be replacing with 'proper' connections when I upgrade the rads and fit TRVs. The injector pipe is about 9" long on a 3'6" rad and seems to get heat throughout the whole rad.

6. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Not seen any twin pipe valves for a good while. We fit quite a few in the 80's & replaced them in the 90's. They work ok'ish but not very efficient for today's standards. and do not meet current energy efficiency legislations.