Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator removal please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I need to take this radiator off for a couple of weeks while I tile the bathroom. It will be replaced with a chrome towel rail style one with a new thermostatic valve.

Is it safe to leave the valves closed off on the end of the plastic pipes with the radiator off or am i better off cutting and capping off the tail pipes and getting rid of the valves as I am replacing them anyway?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated I am a complete beginner.

20170828_120213.jpg

better off capping but this will require draining down

i would remove the trv (via undoing the bottom trv nut on the chrome pushfit adaptor) and putting a cap there

Can I cap off the pipes directly with a speed fit stop end or do I cap off the bottom of the valve with something else? Thanks

Can I cap off the pipes directly with a speed fit stop end or do I cap off the bottom of the valve with something else? Thanks

Same size rad going in ?

It's very slightly wider so may need to extend the pipe length slightly but there is some flexibility as they are plastic not copper

Can't you find a matching TRV head from one of your other rads and then remove the rad without having to drain the whole system down?

Why wouldn't a decorator's cap in place of the TRV head be reasonably safe?

Yeah that would work fine and I'd leave the TRV in place and cap the radiator side with a female blanking cap and deal with draining down at the time of towel rail installation to keep the rest of the system running in the meantime.

Either way the amount of work is the same by the end of the job whichever place you decide to blank off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator removal please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock