Search the forum,

Discuss Rad delta T with wc. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Guys , just curious, how do you work out your rad sizes when using WC , rather than a set DT of say 50

WC?
I work out the heat losses from room then look at Stelrad Charts to choose the rad. They do charts for 30T, 40T, 50T etc.
Does that help?

I think its the only way , as said I was just curious.
I have learnt from WC in my own house that sometimes my boiler flow temp can be lower than 45 C and it still heats the house and is no where near a DT of 40 / 50 .
I have started to leave off a “heat up”% of 1.5 because the heating is always on , would you agree ?

You just size as normal, the idea being that as the external temp rises from the designed low point, the required output from the heat emitter will be less to maintain the room temp. This is still met by progressively reducing the boiler flow temperature.

You just size as normal, the idea being that as the external temp rises from the designed low point, the required output from the heat emitter will be less to maintain the room temp. This is still met by progressively reducing the boiler flow temperature.

Cheers Chris , you have confirmed what I thought.
We bought a new house a couple of weeks ago and I am recalculating the rads . Would you agree and knock of the initial “ heat up “ calc from cold , just seems wrong putting it on .

Is there a superb app out therefor heat loss, free or fee .. I don’t mind

If you want a cheap quick one , Mr combis are ok .
However I have just worked our new bedroom heat loss / rad size etc etc , I did mine long hand and know it was right ( F1 F2 etc )and then compared it to the Mr Combi , quite a bit of difference.

If you want a cheap quick one , Mr combis are ok .
However I have just worked our new bedroom heat loss / rad size etc etc , I did mine long hand and know it was right ( F1 F2 etc )and then compared it to the Mr Combi , quite a bit of difference.

whose was higher ?

Reply to Rad delta T with wc. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock