Search the forum,

Discuss quote counter quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

copperspropper

hello and im no buisnessess guru but im a steady timed servered plumber
and ive gotta say people are kicking the life out of the industry at the minute. Ive never been the cheepest plumber about but ive certainly not been the most expensive but ive always delivered a good service .But it seems people are cutting each others thoats to get work at the minute . and to be honest there welcome to it .
for the last 4 months ive been on a bit of a wind down as i had a good few years previously and im glad i have because theres people working for nothing at the momment.Im now getting calls from old customers that have had work done for them (mainly devellopers) and there pannickin like ( no swearing )because theres a lot of problems with cheaper heating engineers that the PD employed no im asked to put right .Now i dont mind doin the work however they want the jobs bought up to spec
so im wondering how much this is going on becuase theres a lot of problems to the point in some circumstances a total rip out n start again any 1 with me on this A HOLIDAY IN THAILAND IS ON THE CARDS

seeing it all the time. seen a lot lately done by bathroom stores contract plumbers. if thats what they are.

i think their more like off a 7 week course as even the basic plumbing faults are happening. somethings that come to a pro without thinking.

seeing it all the time. seen a lot lately done by bathroom stores contract plumbers. if thats what they are.

i think their more like off a 7 week course as even the basic plumbing faults are happening. somethings that come to a pro without thinking.

gotta agree with u there i came came across a three hole basin from bathroom store the hot supply from the mixer was a flexi as was the cold
but the hoses were to short so they kinked i called b s and they told me its a design fault with the taps and i have to buy longer hoses for the taps ff 300mm from screw fix i quote from them they still selling the taps with 100mmff hoses and telling customers to buy there own.
PS im no fan of flexi sh-- at the best of times.

i know what your sayin, seem to get non stop calls from people who have had a conservatory installed with a new rad and then ask why it doesn't work simple answer some jackass has usually tried to tee off 10mm pipe to feed a second rad (which is usually a double) then i go in to quote to trace it back to a section with 22mm to pipe it back in properly with 15.

what is it with developers and gledhill. the things beak down like a 80's fiat and are too complicated by half. Also developers and myson/ potterton controls when the diverter valves fail thet fail to on. why o why dont people just use honeywell. if you must go cheap siemens

what is it with developers and gledhill. the things beak down like a 80's fiat and are too complicated by half. Also developers and myson/ potterton controls when the diverter valves fail thet fail to on. why o why dont people just use honeywell. if you must go cheap siemens

for the love of god please tell me you don't mean that honeywell smartfit crap, I'm sick of new builds throwing that in, and seimens AARRRRGGHH metal gear plus plastic gear = chewed up gears and no heating

hello and im no buisnessess guru but im a steady timed servered plumber
and ive gotta say people are kicking the life out of the industry at the minute. Ive never been the cheepest plumber about but ive certainly not been the most expensive but ive always delivered a good service .But it seems people are cutting each others thoats to get work at the minute . and to be honest there welcome to it .
for the last 4 months ive been on a bit of a wind down as i had a good few years previously and im glad i have because theres people working for nothing at the momment.Im now getting calls from old customers that have had work done for them (mainly devellopers) and there pannickin like ( no swearing )because theres a lot of problems with cheaper heating engineers that the PD employed no im asked to put right .Now i dont mind doin the work however they want the jobs bought up to spec
so im wondering how much this is going on becuase theres a lot of problems to the point in some circumstances a total rip out n start again any 1 with me on this A HOLIDAY IN THAILAND IS ON THE CARDS
:Dany plumber who served full apprenticeship training will not make such mistakes.end of story.handy men ,d i y dads and quick fix uk courses are providing us with lots of work in these difficult times.every one was a tradesman when the building boom was in full swing.all these guys have brought there unique abilitys of doing as little as possible for as much as possible to other contenents now.they are at worst guarantee n us work in australia for the next 20 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to quote counter quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock