Search the forum,

Discuss Question about hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Apologies if this is a really daft question, I am clueless!

On several occasions when I have ran a bath the water has been, at best, luke warm. When the taps have first gone on the water has been boiling but during the time the bath has been running (normal, average sized bath) the water from the hot tap has turned stone cold. It will then take the best part of an hour to heat up again.

I always thought that as long as the heating was on the water was always hot?

For example, today the heating came on at 5pm. I ran a bath around 7.15 and before the bath was filled the water from the hot tap was stone cold (and still is)
I have not used so much as a drop of hot water before running the bath.

On other occasions, the bath can fill up lovely and warm with no problems.

Is this normal?

I have gas central heating with a baxi Bermuda back boiler.

Thank you.

Sounds like your running out of hot water in your cylinder

Do you have separate times for heating and hot water or a combination

i would say turn the the system on at 4.30 and try it for a day

Thanks, I’ll give it a go tomorrow! I always thought as long as the heating was on the water was always hot.

It can take a long time to reheat a cylinder, especially on the older systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question about hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on the other of the T junction to the kitchen mixer tap it's stone cold, anyone any ideas ?
Replies
Views
HI Iam hoping someone can provide guidance on a heating problem. I have a (old) Ideal isar HE35 where there is no hot water for the 2 showers at the property, there is water flow but not warm. I can confirm there is hot water from the sink/bath (downstairs and upstairs). I noticed that the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The hot water tank I believe is a closed system but is on the same level as the bath. Therefore as you might guess the water pressure at the bath even on...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
J
I own a top floor flat in a 4 storey block, i bought it 3 months ago (meaning that this is an issue i will have to personally deal with, no landlord). at first i had no issues, but recently, we have no warm/hot water in our kitchen or bath taps. the bathroom sink hot tap gets warm, and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock