Search the forum,

Discuss Quality of current LDF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Fitted a gas fire early this week 3 joints tested with LDF .
Also done a TT no drop .

Went back to fire tested the joints again with LDF no bubbles.

Call tonight small leak from fire WTF ??
How the hell does that happen any you lot had similar ?

where was the leak?

On the top of the restrictor.
3 times I put LDF on that and nothing .

Baffled as to how it leaked to be honest

I can't comment on the leak but the current popular LDF is crap.
The best thing ever used was soapy water but of course that's corrosive and you can't use it anymore, more is the pitty in my opinion.

I have a bottle of the brush on LDF , TBH I should chuck it . Dont trust it at all , the aerosols are spot on but are expensive .

Fitted a gas fire early this week 3 joints tested with LDF .
Also done a TT no drop .

Went back to fire tested the joints again with LDF no bubbles.

Call tonight small leak from fire WTF ??
How the hell does that happen any you lot had similar ?

One issue with testing restrictor elbows with LDF is that the fibre washer in the cap can swell with the LDF, showing no leak. Once it dries again it shrinks and starts to leak. This is why BG now issue bonded washers to replace these; you can get them from BES, I just swap them out on service (and don't forget to charge for them!)

Bonded seal - 3346 - Installation Equipment | BES.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quality of current LDF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and capped gas fire. The old gas line went straight out the back wall and was visibly capped a short distance from the gas meter. A simple pull out job. Upon...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I hope you might be able to point me in the right direction with an issue I have with a 3 year old Greenstar 30i boiler, last serviced in Oct ‘22, with new pipe work all around the house at time of boiler install. We have separate circuits upstairs and down and a water cylinder. At...
Replies
Views
Our current heating system has a Potterton EP2002 controller and Potterton Prima 60F boiler. I have bought a Wiser multi-zone kit 2 plus a number of Wiser TRVs in order to have easier and more fine-grained control. Replacing the EP2002 with the Wiser hub simply involved swapping the wallplate...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock