Search the forum,

Discuss Qualify as Green Deal Advisor & Domestic Energy Assessor - £795 plus VAT - 5 evenings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

Our sister company Certifi Training has now received accreditation to offer GDA and DEA courses.

This combined GDA/DEA course is aimed at existing heating engineers - it is not suitable for unqualified entrants.

I don't want to oversell this course - to be honest, we are not sure whether the green deal will the best thing since sliced bread, or a damp squib. My gut feeling is that it will suit some firms more than others. Companies that do lots of installs and/or renewables are likely to benefit more than those that do mostly maintenance, with the odd boiler change. I recommend that you do thorough research, and then decide whether this is for you.

As an experiment, we are planning to run the first course in Portsmouth as 5 evenings, partly to see if evening courses work, and partly because there wasn't a daytime slot available.

I understand that the course content has no fixed practical element, so we don't need to run it in our training facility - we could run it in a small hotel function room. If there is demand for the course elsewhere in the country, we will look at doing this.

Forum members - if you decide to book, don't do it online, otherwise you will pay £995 plus VAT. If you call 0800 088 7445, you will get the call handling service. When a human calls you back, tell them that you saw this post on the UK Plumbers Forum, and you can get it for £795 plus VAT.

Cheers

Ray

PS - please don't ask me loads of technical questions about how the Green Deal works! If you do need help, I will try to get someone more expert than I am to come on the forum and answer. The problem is that everyone who understands it seems to have an axe to grind - that includes me now... :)

Re: Qualify as Green Deal Advisor & Domestic Energy Assessor - £795 plus VAT - 5 even

Hi Ray, are you still running GDA courses?

Re: Qualify as Green Deal Advisor & Domestic Energy Assessor - £795 plus VAT - 5 even

Hi Grasshopper33

We sold our interest in the training company to the management team some time ago now, and I don't keep track of the course offers any more.

However if you visit their website CertifiTraining or ring the number on that website, then I am sure that they will be able to help you.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Qualify as Green Deal Advisor & Domestic Energy Assessor - £795 plus VAT - 5 evenings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock