Search the forum,

Discuss Qualified Gas Engineers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Helen BG

Hi everyone, I work for the recruitment team at British Gas, and would like to hear from anyone who would consider working as a permanent domestic Gas Engineer. We are recruiting in various areas of the country, but especially have urgent requirements in the following areas:
Grimsby
Leamington
Stratford
Warwick
Birmingham
Solihull
Gloucester
Worcester
Kidderminster
Northampton
Coventry

We offer fantastic job security, benefits and career progression, and are looking for people who hold full ACS as well as City & Guilds / NVQ or equivalent. I am happy to speak to anyone who is genuinely interested! Please reply or send a private message.
Many thanks
Helen

I am interested in sub-contracting work are you looking for any sub-contractors in the glasgow area ? hold all the relevant qualifications and i have 2 million public liability and a van

Hi, We are not taking on sub-contractors at the moment, although this may change moving forward. All our current Qualified positions are permanent.

if you are desperate take up the offer if you have any other options avoid like the plague there managers think they no it all when all the are are nothing but service engineers.
most of the people who work there books in are there because they wouldnt last 2 mins at a heating/ plumbing firm all they can do is repair and service gas appiances but they actually think they are above the rest mak you laugh.

Hi everyone, I work for the recruitment team at British Gas, and would like to hear from anyone who would consider working as a permanent domestic Gas Engineer. We are recruiting in various areas of the country, but especially have urgent requirements in the following areas:
Grimsby
Leamington
Stratford
Warwick
Birmingham
Solihull
Gloucester
Worcester
Kidderminster
Northampton
Coventry

We offer fantastic job security, benefits and career progression, and are looking for people who hold full ACS as well as City & Guilds / NVQ or equivalent. I am happy to speak to anyone who is genuinely interested! Please reply or send a private message.
Many thanks
Helen

Wow Hi Helen

I personally have no interest in working for BG but I would be interested to know why certain members of British Gas the BG team are scamming the elderly and the vunerable around the country with System flushing scam that has been going on for the last couple of years. I am sure if you look back far enough in this forum there was a thread on this subject but it was closed.

Would you care to comment

Regards
Mike

To be fair to Helen she has come on here offering work to people who may need it. I think its a bit unfair to be slagging off BG and asking her about powerflushes. She doesn't make the rules. BG might not be everyones cup of tea but someone on here could be struggling and may jump at the chance to start working again. Times are hard and jobs even harder to come by. So to be fair to her she is doing a good thing.

If just one person finds work thorugh her then surely its a good thing. imho

To be fair to Helen she has come on here offering work to people who may need it. I think its a bit unfair to be slagging off BG and asking her about powerflushes. She doesn't make the rules. BG might not be everyones cup of tea but someone on here could be struggling and may jump at the chance to start working again. Times are hard and jobs even harder to come by. So to be fair to her she is doing a good thing.

If just one person finds work thorugh her then surely its a good thing. imho

Hi Villa_tom
I respect what your saying and would like to respond saying that I am not slagging of BG in this thread. There are many brilliant BG engineers out there and I feel that this is an issue that BG need to respond to hence my asking.

I do realise that Helen will not be able to respond to my question directly but she may feel that it is important enough to get someone within BG on this forum to answer the question.
Regards
Mike

Helen,

You wouldnt have any openings for Maidstone in KENT soon?

i might be out of work soon with the firm i started in the trade with 9 years ago, the boss wants to go into property development full time and also to wind down the plumbing side of which im the only registered gas engineer. ive got nvq level 3, unvented, water regs, acs, boilers, fires, cookers and water heaters but im in south manchester. any info would be appreciated thanks helen.

no answer to the question about power flushing then helen? scared incase the customers find out exactly what yous are like then? I have been too umpteen peoples houses who are on the brittish gas service plan who have been told that you cant get parts for there boiler no more its very funny how part centre can isnt it?
why would yous agree to cover a boiler you cant get parts for?
some people might not phone too get a second opinion and just accept what yous say as gospel about not being able too get the parts.
some old lady having too go into her savings too pay your absolute extortionate quotes to install a boiler is this acceptable?

another lie and favourite of briitsh gas is when quoting for boiler installs is if you take our quote that is £5000 we will throw in a free years home heating cover!!!!
correct me if i am wrong but the boiler comes with at least a 2 years warranty so if the boiler breaks it will be manufacturer that comes to fix it no yous? so why tell lies and trick people into thinking it is a good deal they are getting when really the small buisiness down the road will do it half the price nd do a better job and actually have quality guys doing the job instead of what you send to pass as a plumber?

hope yous can all sleep at night i no i wouldnt be able to if i worked for yous .......................

Cant see how this has anything to do with helen as all she is doing is recruiting . Think you should take it up with customer service etc.

Agree with the above helan is only trying to help people find jobs and we all know there not that many out there !!!

Sorry guys but id slag them off, only because i have worked on a sub contract basis some years back!! Worse jobs ever, they just used to send the junk there engineers did not want. And the work really was the pits, and the pay was awfull. Even worse than the eaga work. I admire her advertising on here, but what does that say for bg having to come on here looking for installers? But on saying that if your desperate for work, who cares who pays. But remember they have some strange rules and even stranger guidelines but you do get a nice big folder full of junk info.

nobody can be worse than eaga!!!!!!!!
they are on a whole new level of shocking workmanship and clueless idiots !!

gaspastemania thats why its called house bashing and not heating installations. I did some inspection work for a company called gas care from south wales. i was looking at the work they had done in old swan liverpool and i was ashamed to be part of the same company and left.

bashing being the choice word with eaga , worst firm i have ever contracted to by an absolute mile but then have never worked for BG .

Had a mate work at Eaga and he hated it, he was on the books though and not contracting. On the point of people slagging off BG on here, I thinks its unfair to those who may have been interested in her offer. She's not going to reply on here now and now some poor sod might have lost out on an opportunity of work. I lost my job in September and know how hard it can be to fin work. Despite what people may think of BG its selfish to have used this post to vent their frustration towards them here and stop somebody finding work. Out of order if you ask me as at the end of the day work is work no matter who its for

villa tom i know what your saying but id of thought anyone wanting the work will just contact bg not talk to a rep on here, who may or may not even be from bg!! its not like bg are hard to talk to there is many different ways to contact them. Id not of thought such a big company would need to advertise on here tho? i could be wrong but i think that bg prob still get loads of ppl wanting to work there. I cant comment on being on there books as a full timer, only as a sub contractor and it was awfull. Esp in parts of wales wer you often come across thick stone walls to get through, funny enough tho it always seemed to be given to subs rather than there own guys.

Hi,

Thanks to the people who have expressed interest through this thread. BG recruit in lots of different ways, but our requirements change all the time in terms of who we need and where our vacancies are, so I am just trying something different and hopefully reaching a new audience through this forum. I appreciate that not everyone's view of any big company is positive, but as I have said previously, I cannot comment on these opinions as I don't know the background. If these issues have been brought to our attention by the customers involved, I would hope they have been dealt with on an individual basis. We do have thousands of fantastic staff who put in a lot of work to give customers a great service, and I just want to find more of those type of people!

Thank you Helen for bringing BG recruitment requirements to the attention of our members and forum visitors,am sure many may well be interested in the opportunities available

I see some have gone off topic and raised other alleged issues and that Helen has responded to the best of her ability and we thank her for that

However please keep thread on topic as it is unfair to others interested in the openings available and disrespectful to Helen who is just keeping all informed of opportunities available

If any members wish to continue off topic discussion,please open a separate thread ,please note any more off topic posts will be removed

Any problems please pm

Last edited by a moderator:
only work for bg if you have the money to wait to get paid i did some work in late november early december and the first payment came this week

hi helen
interested in birmingham/worcester/kidderminster please send details

only work for bg if you have the money to wait to get paid i did some work in late november early december and the first payment came this week

I've had no problems with them paying, I get paid regularly every week.

Hi,

Thanks to the people who have expressed interest through this thread. BG recruit in lots of different ways, but our requirements change all the time in terms of who we need and where our vacancies are, so I am just trying something different and hopefully reaching a new audience through this forum. I appreciate that not everyone's view of any big company is positive, but as I have said previously, I cannot comment on these opinions as I don't know the background. If these issues have been brought to our attention by the customers involved, I would hope they have been dealt with on an individual basis. We do have thousands of fantastic staff who put in a lot of work to give customers a great service, and I just want to find more of those type of people!

Hi Helen

Do you work for BG. Is it just BG you recruit for.
I am looking for a job but having worked for BG for many years as an engineer i wouldnt be looking at returning.
Regards

Hi, Yes I'm employed by British Gas as part of their recruitment team, based in one of the Energy Academies. Please let me know if you change your mind and would consider working for us again, but if not, good luck in your search for work.

Hi, Yes I'm employed by British Gas as part of their recruitment team, based in one of the Energy Academies. Please let me know if you change your mind and would consider working for us again, but if not, good luck in your search for work.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the continuing interest. It's nice to chat to you all! I hope I've responded to everyone who had a recruitment query, but please keep the private messages coming if you are looking for work. Sorry if I have missed anyone.
Some new locations we have roles available are:
Ipswich
Norwich
Peterborough.
We are keen to hear from anyone who has full domestic ACS and NVQ Level 2 or 3 Domestic Gas Maintenance, as well as some good experience.
Thanks, Helen

Helen,

Ive got full domestic ACS,and LPG but no NVQ's at all, Im a 3rd generation family heating engineer and I have got over 19 years experience of working for myself doing combi boiler install, service and repair,

Would BG be interested in me?

Just thinking out aloud (so to speak) at the mo

Helen,

Ive got full domestic ACS,and LPG but no NVQ's at all, Im a 3rd generation family heating engineer and I have got over 19 years experience of working for myself doing combi boiler install, service and repair,

Would BG be interested in me?

Just thinking out aloud (so to speak) at the mo

Thanks for the PM Helen,

And to answer my own question, BG need a qualification of some kind to work or sub for them!!

Hi Helen BG

So if I wanted to sell my soul to the devil what sort of rates are yer offerin, and would I have to supply my own flushing machine.

Regards
Mike

Be nice to get some sort of an answer even if i am told to bugger off

Last edited:
Hey Mike!

I would hope the devil's price would be a little higher than ours...!
The advertised salary for Qualified Service and Repair technical engineers is £29908.32 plus performance related bonuses, pension, sharesave schemes and lots of other benefits. The majority of engineers will be able to greatly increase their take home pay through performance and callout bonuses and overtime, much as you would if you were working for yourself. The real plus for most people is the job security and guaranteed work, as well as the long term benefits from the shares etc and opportunities for career progression.
State of the art vans and equipment supplied!

Hey Mike!

I would hope the devil's price would be a little higher than ours...!
The advertised salary for Qualified Service and Repair technical engineers is £29908.32 plus performance related bonuses, pension, sharesave schemes and lots of other benefits. The majority of engineers will be able to greatly increase their take home pay through performance and callout bonuses and overtime, much as you would if you were working for yourself. The real plus for most people is the job security and guaranteed work, as well as the long term benefits from the shares etc and opportunities for career progression.
State of the art vans and equipment supplied!

Hi Helen

Thank you for your response. So with pension, bonuses, overtime and a supplied Van this could easily equate to around 45 to 60 grand a year potentialy, Nice package.
Out of Interest Is BG getting in to the renewables market as well for off grid customers. I have done a quick search on the MCS data base and I see that BG are trading as Cool Planet

Regards

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Qualified Gas Engineers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock