Search the forum,

Discuss Qualified engineer with G3 unvented ticket - Gravesend Kent area please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon all

Are there any G3 un-vented cylinder engineers in or the near Gravesend, Kent please? Details of possible issue below:

The boiler won't call for hot water but does for Central Heating. I have a Heatre Sadia unvented cylinder with two no 2 port zone valves (one for CH and one for HW). I am only able to get hot water from electrical immersion heater so not ideal at all. Here is an excerpt of what I have been doing below but to avail!

When I turned the central heating on, I manually moved the lever arm across on the 2 port valve on the primary flow. This then allowed the hot water from the central heating to divert through to the coil in the unvented cylinder. That's why I was wondering if the head gear (or all of the valve) was knackered on the 2 port valve(s).

I have set the programmer to see if it calls for heating and hot water by day and times . If it only kicks in for heating do you think it'd be the port valves?

Thanks gents for all your help and advice. The digital programmer is kicking in for the CH but not hot water. I have got a volt detector pen and there is power in both black cables going into each of the respective 2 port zone valves so might be the Honeywell digital programmer? The programmer is a Honeywell ST6400C programmer and the 2 no 2 port zone valves are Honeywell, too.

Someone mentioned it could be the cylinder stat tripping?

Anyway, seeing as I don't have a G3 ticket I would rather someone who is qualified with a ticket to come round and give me a quote.

Thank you very much and please get in touch.

Martyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Qualified engineer with G3 unvented ticket - Gravesend Kent area please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock