Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Quadra waterfall bath shower mixer, two screws missing. in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Drip problem

Drip problem New Member

Hello,
    I really need help on how to fix this issue, we purchased this from better bathrooms over a year ago.
    But recently two small screws from underneath the tap have come loose in the pic shown. This means when the tap is switched on water comes through the holes, as well as the tap.
    The screws are tiny, but I don't want to have to replace the hole unit for the shake of this. Could something be used to plug the holes, any suggestions would help or if I can replace the screws.

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

2. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

They hold the strainer/gauge in place don't they...although it's quite tight? Clear silicone in the holes wouldn't harm

3. Drip problem

Drip problem New Member

Could you recommend the best silicone to use?

4. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Ct1 or stick all clear but all you really want to stop is the water coming from the holes.

5. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

You will find it hard to get correct screws

6. RDS

RDS GSR

Funnily enough I came across the exact same issue on a quadra basin mixer tap today! When I removed other screw and the strainer it turned out that threaded block had completely disintegrated. Tap was only about 2 years old and customer had purchased from Victoria Plum, so advised to contact Vic Plum for replacement.

7. RDS

RDS GSR

I would think we aren't the only ones to have this probem!!

8. Drip problem

Drip problem New Member

Tx for the help, would this be a good one to get, pity they don't sell it in smaller tubes.

Screenshot_20180705-212545.png

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to repair a quadra waterfall mixer tap

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to repair a quadra waterfall mixer tap