Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss PVC waste pipe for outside in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. kasser

kasser GSR

Where do you buy your 40mm pvc waste pipes from? I'm struggling to find any.
    Or do you just use the ABS solvent weld pipe and don't bother painting it? I haven't seen any painted!

2. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Plumbers Merchant!
    Normally available in White, Brown, Black, Grey etc. Different merchants will favour certain colours though. Most popular near me is Black or White at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kasser

kasser GSR

Ok, I didn't visit any plumbers' merchant but I checked the likes of Screwfix and City Plumbing online and all they had was ABS solvent weld and the polypropylene pushfit.

4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

plumbers merchants , or toolstation is a good option for you

5. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

White waste pipe is usually only for internal use and will go brittle and break if exposed to sunlight every day. Stick with black or brown for outside use.

6. Chris Whelan

Chris Whelan New Member

I cannot find the forum feed for my question, so I'll ask here.
    I have 50mm pvc condensate piping on an external wall from a recently installed boiler and I am totally unable to source any insulation to cover the pipes to prevent freezing in the winter - as happened last February!
    Is there a wrap for external pipes or is there a 50mm internal bore insulation pipe?
    Chris Whelan

7. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You sure you have a 2" waste pipe ?

Armaflex insulation either normal pipe or in sheet format will do what you need

8. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber Top Contributor!!

Wickes seems to sell mPVC waste, but availability seems to be a bit limited in range, and I think Wickes fittings are ABS, which defeats the object.

Let's be fair to white ABS though. I have installed it outside, I advise it will need painting within 3 years and I offer this service as an extra which people don't take me up on. Probably no one does, and it'll probably be good for over ten years. I see it used all over the place and it does degrade, but quite slowly.