1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Pushfit heating pipes in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

2. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes it’s push fit
    No special tools needed

3. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Hi. Thanks for the reply.
    So, how do I disassemble the pipe from the elbow? I may need to cut the pipe shorter. Can it be reassembled once I've cut the pipe shorter, or is it a one time only fitting.
    Thanks again

4. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Push the white ring into the fitting and pull the pipe out.
    Should be reusable if it’s not damaged.

5. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Thank you.
    Especially at this late hour
    Do you know of any videos showing demounting of these?
    Thanks again

6. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

Here you go.

7. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

The elbow is pushfit onto the pipe. But the drain off is compression. Make sure the system is drained fully before removing.

8. CBW1982

CBW1982 Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I think it is fully drained mate, there’s another thread similar

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Fully drained mate !

10. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Good morning all. Thanks for the video. I've used Speedfit before, so I am familiar with their use. I wasn't sure if this Drayton push fit (if that is what it is) works under the same principle. I know that some of these manufacturers have different systems.
    Thanks again everyone. It means a lot that people are so willing to help and probably just as important, make no judgements. (Well, not publicly anyway. Hahaha)

11. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Just out of curiosity. If the ordered drain valves don't come today, is there something else I could buy from SF to cover the distance from the rad to the rad valve. Instead of the drain valve. I really need to get it done today. We've got no heating or hot water. I've seen items called tail valves and tail extensions. Would these do it? I know it means that they wouldn't have drain offs, but I'd have to deal with that in the future if necessary. I've taken some pictures to show dimensions.

Thanks again

IMG_20190616_100649272.jpg

IMG_20190616_102225096.jpg

IMG_20190616_102326890.jpg

IMG_20190616_102336454.jpg

IMG_20190616_102356640.jpg

12. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Sorry. I didn't spot your reply.
    Yes, it's all fully drained

13. CBW1982

CBW1982 Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Have I missed something? :confused:

14. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

Try this

https://www.screwfix.com/p/tesla-x-...MI5JPajuHt4gIVT7vtCh3LrAv0EAQYASABEgIxbvD_BwE

15. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR

These will get you up and running
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/tesla-x-...w3tpwTZk64DU5W1XkXFUrfs8c6V_t3nRoCQDwQAvD_BwE