Search the forum,

Discuss Push fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
secondery returns run in plastic no no

Copper all day everyday ! Nearly all our site work was crimped copper etc and now they are starting to let you use end feed again ! Do use alot of hep for the temps etc on site and i gotta say the new stuff seems better than the old stuff ! I prefer the johnguest stop ends if its just to blank off first fix ! But you find that people will take the speedfit stop ends off the pipework so when you do come to pressure test you walk round to see your stop ends gone ! So i use hep stop enda now as you need the tool to remove them ! Saying that i sprayed 2 bags of speedfit stop ends one bag blue one bag red and everybody asks whats so special with them i tell them there a special pressure test fitting and funnily enough nobodys robbed them !

Use it rarely, it has its uses but I am an old fasioned copper man myself, seen too many floods even when installed and pressure tested exactly as manufacturer asks for.

Speedfit cap ends is all I use. I very, very rarely use plastic. I've used it twice since being self employed. One recently to join on to the bathroom fitters work and that was literally stick an elbow on his tails and connect to copper. The only time I've used it for myself was fitting an electric shower, the tail poking in to the attic was right between two beams with some flammable looking roof felt inches away!

I really don't like the stuff, it has taken a lot of skill from the trade, it looks awful and I'm sure they've been rigorously tested, but I'm not comfortable with a rubber o-ring being the only thing creating a seal. I'll admit, it does have it advantages, but I just can't get on with it.

Why'd you say that?

Most plastics aren't type approved for use in secondary hot water circulation systems. More to do with the cost of testing before approval for quite a small market than actual compatibility as far as I'm aware. Can't see any issue with using barrier really but the warranty may well be void.

Most plastics aren't type approved for use in secondary hot water circulation systems. More to do with the cost of testing before approval for quite a small market than actual compatibility as far as I'm aware. Can't see any issue with using barrier really but the warranty may well be void.

Hep state their pipe is unsuitable for continuous circulation systems so as you say mike the warranty would be void

Interesting, So in theory in a new build care home (worked in loads) you couldn't use hep even for heating because it's run almost continuously? In theory of course.

No because the product has been tested for that application. The water is continuously being replaced with new oxygenated water in a secondary circulation and you cannot us any form of chemical treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Push fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock