Search the forum,

Discuss Push fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

Who uses it and who doesn't and why?

I use push fit but only because I work in site and its what they specify. Would only use copper in my house.

Last edited:
Polyplumb if using plastic. Speedfit end caps as a temp because they are brilliant. Tectite sprint on copper where there's too much water in the pipe to solder (not often because they are expensive).

There's a few but not the majority on here that prefer poly plumb. Is there a major reason for this or is it just what you started out using and carried on.

copper for me very very rarely use push fit usually socket or bend when altering existing to copper

Copper for me too. I have absolute confidence in copper and solder especially under a floor or in a restricted access area. I only use Speedfit as a last resort and never under a floor.

Both copper and plastic have their place when installed properly.

Copper by preference but if it has to be plastic it's Polyplumb every time

Hep2o is all we use and we have never had a problem with it. Pressure test a first fix upto 10bar and aslong as the fitting is pushed in fully we have never had a leak (so far)

I prefer hep over speedfit (except the cap ends) as the pipe isnt so rigid, speedfit/guest wants to say in a coil.

However, will fit copper unless specificaly asked by customer, as this is all I would use in my own home

Why the preference for Polyplumb? How is it better than Speedfit an Hep? What about the demountable version Polyfit, is this any good?

I use copper on surface and plastic when not, I think plastic has its place because I doesn't corrode like copper can.

Put a poll on plastic systems on the plumbing forum. Please take the time to participate and provide your feedback.

Im not allowed to use ANY plastic pipework now, it all has to be copper inc tricky areas.

I actually miss it because it was soo soo easy to use especially in sites and council. However didnt look a good job and no where near as reliable as copper ;)

Im not allowed to use ANY plastic pipework now, it all has to be copper inc tricky areas.

I actually miss it because it was soo soo easy to use especially in sites and council. However didnt look a good job and no where near as reliable as copper ;)

Why not ?

My mate in the council said they can't use plastic because of the earth bonding. They use copper push fit instead now

Would always prefer copper pipe/fittings but as mentioned above it push fit has its place,I have the pleasure of plumbing the local gypsy site cabins for the council,SPEED FIT is a huge benefit to me,the quicker I'm away the better!

Crimped steel and copper fittings are used on most sites now and they too rely on an o ring.

Had to replace a section of corroded cold feed pipe on Friday, I would almost always solder it but this job was for a lady who has 2 kids with learning difficulties (p.c.?) who can do some spontaneous stuff - sometimes causing damage/injury - so didn't want a flame about or a hot torch putting down.
It was nice and quick, I 'semi' snatched it (water off but didn't drain hot so was getting back flow), I was in and out in 15 minutes thanks to Mr Guest.
They definately have their place and I trust it as I've never really had a problem with it, I think badly fitted plastic has harmed the reputation more than anything.

I was on a late one Friday and when I finally found the leak I really couldn't be bothered to get the torch out so I used two tectite straight couplings. Looks a lot more professional than speedfit especially as I've had to leave the void open to allow it to dry and for the loss adjuster from the insurers to check.

copper all day long can make a job look good hep2o for push fit polyplum is cheep and nasty

I hate it! Only use it if I have to! (Under floors when there's not enough room to tighten a compression fitting.

It has it's place, ideal for secondary returns or long runs.

just what i thought when i started using push ( would only use push fit when not on show), have seen airing cupboards done in push fit dont look to hot, not sure on compression fittings soft soldering where you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Push fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock