Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Public liability insurance for employed plumbers in the Insurance for Plumbers area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plumb.pete

    Plumb.pete Guest

    Does anyone know how I can get public liability insurance for doing private work at weekends and in the evenings?
    I work during the day for a plumbing company but do my own work at weekends etc and I think it would be better to get some sort of insurance. Better to be safe than sorry.

    any advice on this would be greatly appreciated,thanks.
  2. townfanjon

    townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    I would have thought so, i cant see an insurance company saying NO lol

    REDSAW Guest

    make a call to the tax man and set up your self employed business to get a utr number, get insured for public liability as a business, subtract a from b at the end of the year.
    thats what i do and i have no problems getting liability insurance.
    one of the main questions asked is how long have you been in business then you furnish them with the proof even if its 'new business'. if you cant do that they will cancel any claim and they do talk to the tax office.!.

    happy to help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.