Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Public liability and tool cover insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weafco

Weafco Guest

Hi All

I have my public liability for 2 million and £1500 to cover my tools if stolen from the van or site and for water and gas or naked flame work too. restricted to building of 20 meters in height.
    total per year £370 its been the same price for last two years and is with HIGOS Insurance
    worth getting a quote guys

2. southcoastboile

southcoastboile Plumber GSR

mine was 330 from finsbury £1000 tool cover 1 mill liability

3. Halesowen1

Halesowen1 GSR

4. southcoastboile

southcoastboile Plumber GSR

5. Mike Jackson

Mike Jackson Plumber GSR

£308 from Corgi Direct 2 Mill public liability, £1000 tools, 50K professional indemnity. No restrictions on height of buildings. Maximum of 20% of work in commercial premises.

6. tamz

tamz Guest

I have mine with Aviva through a broker linked through the plumbers federation. Combined employers (3 guys) and liability costs £1200 but the employers bit bumps it up. Whoever you choose make sure you read the small print. Many allow heat but there are always restrictions. To comply with the stipulations of most you would need to remove the house while you solder. You will find that out if you ever have the misfortune to need it. Don't scrimp on your liability. You WILL need it at some point.

7. REDSAW

REDSAW Guest

£240 gladiator, or thereabouts.?/.

8. GQuigley67

GQuigley67 Trusted Plumber GSR

just got my renewal through and its £100 dearer than last year, bloody chancers guess i will be shopping around now for PLI

9. Plumber live

Plumber live Guest

The heat policy with Aviva also covers welding indoors and oxyacetylene cutting and welding and that's the bit where u need 10 meters distance from anything flammable ie remove house before doing anything. If u read policy properly the soldering bit only states protect immediate area as reasonably practicable and have extinguisher to hand and periodic checks for next 1hr. I had to ring up cos I also thought needed to remove house to solder

10. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

just remember cheapest isnt always best, van written off in floods 4 weeks back, insurers removed it somewhere nothing heard yet. rang yesturday, 2 hours to get right person , then got cut off. 10 mins later a voice text came back telling me to ring the number I started off with!!!!!!!!!!!! Hastings van in case you want to give them a miss

11. tamz

tamz Guest

If they ask what percentage of time you expect to use heat remember it is the actual time you spend with the torch lit, eg solder 20 fittings in an 8hr day, gas torch on for 30 seconds a time is 10 minutes, just over 2% of your time (use under 5% to keep yourself right).