Search the forum,

Discuss Problems with boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hey guys

Looking for abit if advice concerning my boiler. It’s a glow worm 30c.

Around 4-6 weeks ago I started having problems with it. When turning the hot tap on you can hear the boiler doing it’s usual cycles waters gets Luke warm then goes cold again then the boiler starts it’s cycle again which happens until the boilers starts flashing 90 then shuts off. However this didn’t happen all the time more like 90% of the time

I’ve got British has homecare so called them out the first time he changed the pcb but not even a day later same fault came back. Got them out again but because the boiler was working when he arrived he couldn’t do much. Pretty much after he left it started happening again so got them back out and the engineer said it’s either something to do with the flu or gas pressure.

He then got Cadent to come out to check the gas and they said it was low so they dug the garden up and put a new gas supply to the house. All was fine for a few weeks until yesterday now the same fault seems to be back.

Could this be the boiler or supply to the house? Earliest British Gas can come out is Wednesday but I’m tempted to ring cadent tomorrow see what they say.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

You have British gas homecare let them sort it , i personlly dont think you will get anywhere with cadent they are only responsible for the external supply the meter , leakage , ect anything to do with appliances is down to you . Kop

I have tried to let them sort it 3 times and got no where now the earliest they can get to me is Wednesday bit of a nightmare with 3 kids and no hot water or heating.

Didn’t know if it was something to do with the external supply because once they renewed the supply it worked fine for a few weeks

I have tried to let them sort it 3 times and got no where now the earliest they can get to me is Wednesday bit of a nightmare with 3 kids and no hot water or heating.

Didn’t know if it was something to do with the external supply because once they renewed the supply it worked fine for a few weeks
Got any under 7s in the house?

Keep ringing them play up if you have to as H says tell em you got a young family and need it sorting before then that's what you pay for emergency breakdown cover they should attend within 24hours . Kop

Keep ringing them play up if you have to as H says tell em you got a young family and need it sorting before then that's what you pay for emergency breakdown cover they should attend within 24hours . Kop
And then cancel it and go elsewhere

Reply to Problems with boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock