Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with new Intergas boiler install. HRE 18 OV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dcuk

Hi.

I was hoping to get advice from someone who is familiar with and has experience with Intergas boilers.

I have had an Intergas HRE 18 OV boiler installed this week, but the Gas Engineer cannot get it to run.
This was installed on an open vented system along with 9 new radiators replacing the old ones. The system is open vented with an F/E tank.

The boiler will occasionally run for around 5 minutes, then shut down and not run again for many hours afterward.

It's built in programmer has been set on Constant-On as we use an external programmer. The room stat is at the correct temperature, and the circulation pump runs normally once the programmer and thermostat are set. Problem is, the boiler wont fire up at all, or only for 5 minutes, then shut down and show a number "1" on the control panel indicating correct central heating temperature has been reached (above spanner icon).

No fault codes have appeared, and it goes through all the correct modes in sequence when firing up and shutting down (according to the operating mode numbers shown on display)

The engineer has spent days bleeding, power flushing/ checking for circulation, air, testing the pump, thermostats and everything else that could possibly cause a problem with the sensors in the boiler.

When the boiler is put on "test" mode with full fan speed, it works perfectly and the heaters all warm up nicely. The Engineer has been in touch with the Intergas technical department who seem baffled too, as it runs fine in "test" mode.
They suggested swapping some wiring over and trying a few different things, but still no luck.

We have narrowed it down to some sort of fault with the flow switch or similar. He is going request an Intergas engineer to come out and have a look as the rest of the central heating system seems fine.

I just wanted to know if anyone here may have suggestions about what the problem could be, or if something has been missed? - The boiler is brand new and purchased from an official supplier.

I would really appreciated any help, as we have been without heat and only immersion hot water for nearly a week.

Thanks in advance.

Now this is interesting!
Engineer should have got an intergas engineer out straight away under warrenty.
they will find if there is any issues on the boiler.

Did he alter any zone valves or wiring ect ect?
And did he change the pump???

Sounds like circulation to me but if that's all been checked?
This is the reason I love sealed systems, hope it's something simple and you get it fixed quickly :)

That definitely sounds electrical..are intergas anything to do with atag/streble......

That definitely sounds electrical..are intergas anything to do with atag/streble......

Nope but both are dutch and compete with each other
Bosch are the little guys getting knocked around by the pair in the netherlands!

Stupid question but is flow and return in correct orientation?

I posted a similar then deleted it thinking the same thing with it being open vent and some having the flow sensor...

I would have got intergas out asap . and agree with massod

Hi everyone. Thank you for your replies.

To answer your questions..

Killy Bing:

3 port Honeywell valve replaced with brand new one. Wiring double checked and ok.
Brand new Grundfos pump replaced old one, working fine.

IDCHAPPY:

Thanks, i'm hoping it's something simple too!

Chalked:

Not sure about switched live. Will find out.

Ermintrude:

Intergas suggested this too, over the phone. Has been checked and all ok.

Installer tried contacting Intergas today for a visit, but they dont seem to be open weekends. Have to wait until Monday to get in touch with them.

jtsplumbing, we are on normal domestic gas. I am pretty sure installer mentioned switched live being checked and ok ( as suggested by Intergas over the phone)

I have gone through the service parameters, and they are all set the same as shown in the installation manual ( factory default).

Thanks.

Are we now giving advice on boiler repairs? Or jamming wires in terminals? Not a great idea IMO.

There's been too much info for a non gsr on this thread.

OP

Ask your GSR to persevere with Intergas, or get him to sign up.

I'm closing this thread as guys are giving you info that you don't need to know. I appreciate they're trying to help you but we try to maintain a duty of care on UKPF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with new Intergas boiler install. HRE 18 OV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock