Discuss Problem with logic 35 water part 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening gents

First off thanks for everyone who contributed on my first post.

I’ve had a engineer out to look at the problem who spoke to ideal technical and he thinks it is either the heat exchanger or the diriviter valve. He is coming back with prices, although he did mention sometimes it’s better biting the bullet and going for a new boiler . If I was intended on keeping a combi I would have no hesitation in changing and upgrading to a top line boiler.

Anyhow it got me thinking I’m going to be changing the heating setup next summer when I extend . I’ve been looking at a mega flow eco system ready 250l unvented water cylinder , I’ve not spoken to the engineer yet but do you see a problem on the plumbing side ? ie connecting a combi into a unvented water cylinder. Would think the hot water output on the boiler capped off . The control side/ Electrics are no problem as I am an approved electrician

Thanks again guys I look forward to your input

Last edited:
Thanks Scott

Would you have an issue plumbing into a water cylinder off a combi boiler ?
It can be done but as above, needs a hit outlet, possibly a bypass, possibly additional expansion

Can be done but keep the kitchen hot tap , utility or cloak room hot supplies off the combi , and use the Mega flow to supply your bathrooms you will need a separate 22mm cold water supply with 20 + litres a minute and 3bar pressure for the cylinder get your installer to check your mains cold supply you may wish to consider upgrading especially as your extending your home . Cheers kop

Post your location
Someone on here might be local and can give you a quote

Reply to Problem with logic 35 water part 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back