Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with Ideal toilet seat, and cant work out how to change it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

toilet-1
toilet-2

Hi. My toilet seat was soft closing but one day i gave it a push down as it was closing and that made the top part no longer soft close. The top part has now come off and I cant see how I can reattach it as there is nowhere for it to attach onto. Hopefully the images will show how there is nothing coming out of the side of the attachment area to slide it on to (I appreciate this is a poor explanation).

Also I can not work out how to change it as it is not possible to access the screws behind the toilet

Try pressing the grey plastic buttons on the sides of the hinges in and pulling upwards

Force on the lid may have popped the piston which governs the soft close. Some models will spit out their hydraulic grease when this happens.

ok thanks all. So basically the lid attaches in a different way to most seats which require a plastic bolt on the underside?

Reply to Problem with Ideal toilet seat, and cant work out how to change it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock