Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with booster pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Replaced the seal kits in 2 ebara booster pumps due to leaks, one of them was seized and wouldn't budge, the other one I had to take down to the workshop below and get the mechanic to loosen the nut with his gun because it kept spinning when I tried to loosen it. Both water tight. I'm not sure how long pump has been seized for as there doesn't seem to be a regular maintenance guy for the company.

On the control box the trip light is on for pump 1, it is 15 year old. Is it best to replace? Also how would you usually remove the nut if it keeps spinning? Luckily it was in a workshop that serviced trucks.

Shaft spinning or whole assembly spinning ? And normally wizzy wizzy impact gun

Prob the bearnings have gone two options, replace pump or total strip and replace bearnings and check shaft is straight

Prob the bearnings have gone two options, replace pump or total strip and replace bearnings and check shaft is straight

If stripping and replacing the bearings then also check for wear on both the shaft and the bearing housings.

how did you get on in the end?

Gave them the option they wanted to replace, I've never replaced the bearings or anything in the pump before so said they would prob be best getting manufacturer for that but said they are going to replace and take it to a place that replaces the bearings etc so they have a spare? Pumps out of stock at manufacturers should be in in a week or so.

Replaced pump but can't seem to shift the air from it, it is very noisy compared to pump 2. Any tips? I've tried opening all taps and drain valve above pumps and air point on pump.

normally let them sit for a night and then go back the next day and just open a could of taps and its fine then

you could try pulsing it on for a min then of etc repeat 5 times should clear any left

Fully open inlet side and throttle back outlet to around 1/4 open with any air vent open then run for a couple of minutes, can take 2 or 3 attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with booster pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock