Search the forum,

Discuss price to fit new bathroom suite in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wigz

hi, was just wondering what price you would give to take out and re install a new bathroom suite, the bathroom is being gutted so basically you dont need to be carfull of fixed tiles etc, same pipe work is being used except for little adjustments to final connections, all materials are being supplied including the bathroom suite, just basically labour to fit a bath, sink vanity unit , and a toilet, also new taps and bath shower mixer valve is also being supplied but need to be fitted.im thinking of pricing it at £300 pound.
but just wanna know the different prices from everyone .

Price seems about right,or a standard bathroom, I would be about £50 more with tap fittings ,traps ,ball afix valves,also if bathroom suite from if diy superstore allow for another bath and sink waste as ones supplied no good,would not use
Remember when pricing you can always come down in price but can not go up;)
If you are recommended that should give you about min 10% tolerance
If you are doing bathroom in one hit you can request paymenty upon completion
If two visits,get stage payments,even if you do not need to,its good to get customer in habit of making payments and you are more likely to get final payment quicker
£350 pounds my not seem alot but most people would prefer parting with two £175 payments
And remember to do a good job because on a visual job like this,their friends and family are going to see it,not only are you going to get paid but hopefully you will be able to leave a advertisment of your work worth just as much :)

thanks for the reply, thats excatly what i want to do not over charge, and do a good job but in the mean time give me a nice pay and keep the customer happy also that way, as you say hopefully there will be recommendations, i dont have to worry about parts costing me we agreed its purely to fit anything i need the customer will buy, and he wants the job done over two weekend maybe fit a bath one weekend then the toilet and sink another, or maybe get bath and sink in a day, so as you say maybe get half payment when bath is installed then half when job is complete.

I would charge bout £600 ish;

2 1/2 days labour approx

plus waste disposal costs

Wouldn't fart for £300 tho . . .

Dont go in too cheap, you are making hard for every one if you do.

Try researching the market for a change - you wouldn't open a shop selling ps3's for £100, when they sell for £300 would you?!!

Do us all a favour please - I hate people who give stupidly cheap quotes!

well the last 2 bathrooms i have done i charged about £250 cash but been in and out in under a day so easy money

2 1/2 days labour approx

quote]

All due respect but what are you going to do for 2 1/2 days :confused:
This is a straight change over,all materials paid for,no tiling,no making good
20 Hrs ??
An experianced plumber finished in about 5 hours (including me cupa and bikys:)) thats £120 per hour on your price :eek:,not bad I suppose,sign me up
It will take an unexperianced plumber maybe 1 1/2 days taking it easy,making sure all ok,do.nt want to over do it ,trying to do to much,is quite right to split job up,he is being responsible,the price is still ok

Well you cant be that experienced then - £120 for a bathroom swap, pah!!!!

Go for it mate if you think you can - you are gonna have to grip-fill the suite in if you are going to do it in 5 hours tho . . .

Some of you guys are bonkers!

Well you cant be that experienced then - £120 for a bathroom swap, pah!!!!

Go for it mate if you think you can - you are gonna have to grip-fill the suite in if you are going to do it in 5 hours tho . . .

Some of you guys are bonkers!

Can not see anyone mention £120 for a bathroom swap

We are replacing a bath.....w/c......basin.......... = one bathroom suite
Please advice us how long you think an experienced plumber should take to fit each item
By using grip fill, instead of wall plugs.screws,correct fixings and a bit of battening for the bath will not infact save you that much time actually but I am not against the use of these bonding products used in the right places, remembering to pva/seal porous areas were bonding products to be used

Last edited by a moderator:
if you was ordering the suite you could add a little profit on that but to charge 600 pound for to install a straight bathroom suite i find that a bit steep,you must be in the elite of plumbers earning 50,000 plus a year at those prices, either that or just just go in charge a lot and dont get no recommendations . 600 pound for 2 and half days = 1200 pound a week, only a very good and experienced plumber would earn that, but thanks for the reply its nice to hear

straight swap has got to be min 300.00 with maybe a bit on top for any farting around
if just rip out and plop back in with no making good and sealing etc then 300.00 plus any parts if any extras then 400.00 for a couple of days work

i dont think thats too steep, £1200 a week is my target if i can achieve it. actually i did that in a day before now. the only thing to remember is that you do a top class job for your customer or get classed as a cowboy.
in my opinion if your not earning at least £200 a day...well i wont comment.

thanks for the reply just wanted to get an idea of different prices but i was un aware that prices would differ so much, thanks very much

I come from the south east where prices are a bit dearer - I charge £150 a day which is cheap down here!

Make damn sure that you research the market (phone round fitters and screw a quote over the phone out of them),

Many 'time served' plumbers in the south charge £50 per hour/£200-250 per day/£300+ for gas related work.

I have been in the business long enough to know what the going rates are - I do quotes every day, and get plenty of work from them (i am contstantly told that my prices are cheaper than most -apart from those who quote £200 for a full install/usually do a bad job)

I will make this short and sweet - anyone who thinks they can install a full bathroom suite in 5 hours is a few peanut short of a bag of nuts!

Only cowboys would install a suite in 5 hours (properly mind, no bodge jobs!) and charge under £300 - i heard of a 3 man crew of polish plumbers who would do just that actually!!

My price will have a contigency built into it so if extra work is needed, I am not working for nothing . . .

Please research the market you intend to work in.

Sorry, was not questioning your price. Would be more here, that is of course if you could find a plumber willing to give you a price on a bathroom from a DIY store (I don't know any that would)

tsta,
it would take 2 hours alone to arrive at your job down there am i right?.
on your horse 'n' cart !.
lol.

p.s i take around 4 hours to remove a bath and re-fit properly, 2 1/2 toilt and 2hr basin. = 8 - 10 hours depending and i work hard with no breaks.

1. I aim for a average £150.00 daily rate as a generalisation.
2. I am interested in 'dumping' prices anyone is paying if anyone is doing it legally at the tip (not a lay-by job). That has to be built in too: as well as any licensing for waste.
3. What's wrong with the DIY stores wastes? (I have my own opinions but am interested to hear from others about this).

im a tiler who recentley started doing bathroom re fits and at the moment inexperienced in plumbing i do get help if needed from a plumber friend ive completed 2 so far to be honest to rip a full suite out and replace in 5 hours must take some doing because im inexperienced its taking me a few days not including tiling or plastering i make sure i double check everything soon i might be able to get a bit quicker but mainting quality is the most important thing. i dont care if the next one takes just as long as with any trade experience is everything

i go in about £300 for a like for like but then again how many bathrooms are in and out there usually always extra work involved especially when fitting diy bathrooms from b and q etc

I dont understand some of you guys on here grumbling about people only charging x amount and doing to job for less than you would , when i turn up to do a quote my heart jumps when the customer has already had a quote and its a low quote because I find if you take the time to explain everything thats involved and how you would go about the job giving reasons why it will take you longer ie pressure test befor installing unvenver hot water cylinder , why must a power flush be done on a most new boilers ect. So please step away form the mind set of cheaper is better because often it is not . If the customer wants a qualty job they will go with the qualty plumber . Who does not want a qualty job ? only a cowboy customer wants a cowboy plumber imho.

fitted the bathroom suite took 2 days charged 350 pound in the end, customer was extremely happy, and so am i ,so everyone is a winner.like puddle said hopefully will get some recommendations out of it. thanks for the replies to everyone.

doing it for cash ,cheap prices,great ! butare you covered insurence wise check your policy,where will your cash reserves be in slack times ,are you charging enough to pay for a pension,

With experience wigz you will come to change your pricing, in the south east £30 an hour is the min with many until recently charging well in excess. Plan a job and take in everything that can happen, very rare are true like for like jobs.

The way I see it is every job is not the same, so you can never really generalise on a price. Also a plumber in london will always charge more than a plumber out in the sticks. 18 months ago I did an ensuite bathroom with dressing room organised by some poncy london designer that had a budget of £50,000, last week I installed an ensuite for £200. so each job has to be looked at on its merits, the way I see it is this, you do a job that your proud to put yer name to, you do a job that your customer is pleased with, you do a job that leaves you with a reasonable profit, and you do a job that has no call backs.
regards
mike

The way I see it is every job is not the same, so you can never really generalise on a price. Also a plumber in london will always charge more than a plumber out in the sticks. 18 months ago I did an ensuite bathroom with dressing room organised by some poncy london designer that had a budget of £50,000, last week I installed an ensuite for £200. so each job has to be looked at on its merits, the way I see it is this, you do a job that your proud to put yer name to, you do a job that your customer is pleased with, you do a job that leaves you with a reasonable profit, and you do a job that has no call backs.
regards
mike

Best answer of them all, Fully agree Mike

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to price to fit new bathroom suite in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock