Search the forum,

Discuss price of petrol up n up? Do you need to put hourly rate up? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone put their prices up due to the rise in fuel over the last month or so? Seriously it's 10p more than in February . I do quite few small trips and allow about £3 per journey. But think I need to up it.
How do you other ,one man bands, calculate the fuel costs?
Any tips? :rolleyes:

If it bothers you that much just add extra somewhere in the bill.
All the 3pounds add up! ...Plus if custards scrutinise bill,as they do - they will be asking ... but yeah i get your point... Maybe I explain too much to them hey

All the 3pounds add up! ...Plus if custards scrutinise bill,as they do - they will be asking . but yeah i get your point... Maybe I explain too much to them hey
How are you presenting the £3 fuel costs within the bill?
tbh getting confused now as you said about increasing your hourly rate.

RPM 3quid is part of the hourly rate at the mo' but cost of the 3quid journey is now 4quid- i'm not putting hourly rate up 1£! that's why i was asking for tips how folks calculate their fuel costs... that's all

My thoughts, - Just incorporate your fuel charges into your hourly rate to cover you for your average travel cost jobs. But have an extra add on only to your invoice (not to your hourly rate) for fuel for longer distance jobs.
Your extra travel time remains unaffected, because your hourly rate still covers that time.
In other words, keep it simple, - if you get a job that is an extra 40 mile return trip to your average job, then add that extra 40 mile travel fuel cost per day to your invoice. Say a gallon of diesel at £6 extra per day. But that would still be very reasonable considering your van is also taking extra wear on tyres etc, on longer distances.

RPM 3quid is part of the hourly rate at the mo' but cost of the 3quid journey is now 4quid- i'm not putting hourly rate up 1£! that's why i was asking for tips how folks calculate their fuel costs... that's all

Our fuel costs are covered in the hourly rate for all local work.
i.e. when you work out the hourly rate, include the annual fuel cost.
It is reviewed every year at our year end.

If we travel any real big distance outside our comfort zone, we add the cost of fuel to the invoice as a separate item.
The customer is aware of that before we set out. It only covers the cost of extra fuel over and above the usual.

No-one has had an issue with it.

50p a mile over 20 miles

Dropped the range from 30-20 mile due to the increase

Under 20 mile is covered in the rate already

My day rate goes up according to the distance I have to travel the maximum I am prepared to commute is a hour each way from my home it is not cost effective going further than that and i am not prepared to stay away in digs lucky enough to have a good customer base locally. Cheers kop

Everything thing seems to be creeping up this was being discussed in the merchants regarding materials last week , fuel prices seem to dictate what happens across the wide spectrum of goods, I feel a increase is on the cards shortly probably when winter hits and calls go through the roof your opions chaps . Tkop

yes, indeed! My prices for goods-written in a little book from 2 year ago almost a pound out on some very basic bits...
Everything thing seems to be creeping up this was being discussed in the merchants regarding materials last week , fuel prices seem to dictate what happens across the wide spectrum of goods, I feel a increase is on the cards shortly probably when winter hits and calls go through the roof your opions chaps . Tkop

Reply to price of petrol up n up? Do you need to put hourly rate up? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys, recently had a bit of a dispute over a quote asking me to break it down etc saying they can buy this from X for Y.. how much is labour/materials.. shockingly it was from friends so it's taken its toll on me mentally if I'm honest.. I'm don't think I'm outrageously pricey but I do a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hello - I would appreciate your help on the question of whether I need a 2nd gas meter. At present I have a U6 meter serving a WB combi 28kw, a gas hob 8kw (downstairs) and a 49 yr old Glow-worm boiler (14kw) (upstairs). The Glow-worm boiler has finally packed up and has been disconnected as it...
Replies
Views
Hi. Apologies if this seems like an essay. The short question is where do you lot work from? Do you have largish houses, or do you work from a unit somewhere, or do you live in and work from old two up and two downs? The longer read: After some thinking during a few days camping in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock