Search the forum,

Discuss Pressurised hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emily13

Hi firstly sorry for my lack of knowledge but we are close to pulling our hair out we had a new system put in the loft 2 years ago when we flush the loo and run the tapes it's vibrates turning on the tap helps stop it but only temporarily it has a pressure thing on the water coming in also checked that the pressure has not dropped and it hasn't

Any help would be much help appreciated

could you post some pics up of the install if you could?

Have you lived with for 2yrs or is it a new thing, If new has there been any recent plumbing work carried out?

I would check the filling valve in the toilet first. Common for the rubber diaphragm washer to vibrate as they get old.

No new toilets. system was fitted with a valve that should not have been there causing it to leak but no vibration then there was a pressure meter regulator put on the mains and pressure was shocking it got turned up to 3.5 Barr which is what the tank it regulated at but in the last 3 months vibration has got worse

Can you manage to post some photos of the unit and pipework with valves attached?
You might have to get a G3 qualified plumber to have a look and perhaps service the unit (supposed to be done once a year anyhow). Don't let a non qualified person do anything to the unit, or its pipes and controls.

I would still be looking at a filler somewhere most likely a toilet where the filler isn't designed to deal with pressure

Some photos would help as some of the things your saying don't make sense, What is in your loft ? are you sure you have a pressurised Hot water system or have you got a Combi Boiler But need photos of what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressurised hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock